New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

I have officially resigned

Old 10-25-2004, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have officially resigned

At 8:35 this morning I sent the following email...

[I]Dear...

This letter dated 10/25/04 is to provide you with my formal resignation as the Newsletter Editor.

This decision has been brought upon by a number of reasons; some of which are: as a home owner I can no longer afford to give up 8 to 10 Saturdays per year plus countless nights after work, [B]my role as the Upstate Community Organizer and Moderator for S2000 Int
Old 10-25-2004, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pretty freaky. I'm going to resign from being the newsletter editor of the MCO (Motorsport Club of Ottawa) this year too. I only lasted one year. Nine, oh boy!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:06 AM

Haha, only 1 year Steve?

P.S. 4 hardware recs coming up here on the 670 within WEEKS!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:13 AM

See Steve, you understand how much work goes into it; too bad so many people have no clue. As I told someone else this morning, I feel like I have picked up a boatload of extra free time.

People have been very nice to me and some have actually asked me to reconsider, but the decision is made, it was not easy thinking about it, but once I decided it might be a good thing to do it suddenly seemed like an extraordinary thing to do. I have been doing it for so long I guess I had lost sight of the fact that I'm a volunteer and I can decide to stay or go.

You have to do what is best for you Steve, and maybe that is walking away from the MCO position. Good luck!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by wing,Oct 25 2004, 01:06 PM
P.S. 4 hardware recs coming up here on the 670 within WEEKS!

This must be for Steve, because that one flew right over my head...
Old 10-25-2004, 10:28 AM

Sounds like a wise move to me, Doug. So many car clubs, so little time...
Old 10-25-2004, 10:31 AM

It is a lot of work, especially if you try to do it with some proper graphic design flair. FYI, I used to do commercial graphic design too in my former life. I basically volunteered because it was something to do while employment-free. It was fun for a while, but the amount of work to make a semi-worthwhile product when it's not fun anymore is not worthwhile. Stick to your decision, more time to actually participate rather than reporting on it. I'd rather volunteer to help run events.

That other thing is engineer job prospects. Started looking seriously after sitting on my duff for a year. Another reason to quit and don't get distracted. Want to stay in the area, but Cali and Texas have some $ to offer. Just for laughs, you can check out my "find steve a job sweepstakes" on my woefully stale web site. Click on my homepage button. I said CLICK.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:39 PM

That was a good decision Doug, no need to continue helping out the BMW crowd.
Wished there could have been more Upstaters at the Fall Colors it was awesome !!
What a well organized event everything went so smoothly from my view.
What a sight 162 S's.
The group runs were fun.
The lunch was great.
The clinics were to numerous to see all.
The banquet with the food,speakers and prizes were excellent,
I won a Comptech red coil cover.
Track day was damp but got done.
I was last in line on our run and got stopped by police officer , said they were getting tons of calls about us racing around, he let me go with no ticket.

Met some great people, Jim Thompson head of our Beaver Run group, had planned the route and box lunch for everyone and out did himself.
I'm still amazed at how well everything was planned.
I will mark down next year event and encourage everyone else to also.
It was a blast !!
Old 10-25-2004, 02:13 PM

9 years was a long time... I suspect there are some who are mad, and some who think I stepped down for silly/stupid reasons, but as I have said to others I did my time, I did 9 years. People ought to think about that and not think about my reason. I did it for 9 years as in through 4 presidential terms. I should be allowed to step down for any silly or stupid reason I want after 9 years...

Jeff, glad to hear FC was so good. Next year for sure, I'll just make sure I don't dress my tires a couple weeks before...
Old 10-25-2004, 02:33 PM

Wow, Doug, didn't know it so much work to produce the newsletter.

Quick Reply: I have officially resigned