New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Jake's Track Car Build

Old 04-11-2017, 04:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Got into the car a little bit last night. First I installed the Gendron Front sway bar. Then i finally swapped in all the fuel lines, and raceway. Previous fuel lines were removed and replace with larger AN lines, which were then removed sometime before i got this car. So now it's back to OEM fuel lines. I ended up keeping and capping the EVAP line on both ends because i'm going to run an izze engineering EVAP simulator and ditch all of those associated parts. The nice weather has me enjoying being outside in the garage with the doors open and the LED lights sure do help as well.

I am hoping to get powder coated parts back this week and then i can start on the engine, the front timing cover is holding me up right now. I also ordered the tool so i can do retainers.

Last edited by jsenclosure; 04-11-2017 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:10 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Does the Gendron bar use stamped steel bushing mounts?

I broke a set and upgraded to these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MZN9VG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MZN9VG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-11-2017, 05:24 AM
Community Organizer

It does. Those mounts look nice!
Old 04-11-2017, 07:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
Got into the car a little bit last night. First I installed the Gendron Front sway bar. Then i finally swapped in all the fuel lines, and raceway. Previous fuel lines were removed and replace with larger AN lines, which were then removed sometime before i got this car. So now it's back to OEM fuel lines. I ended up keeping and capping the EVAP line on both ends because i'm going to run an izze engineering EVAP simulator and ditch all of those associated parts. The nice weather has me enjoying being outside in the garage with the doors open and the LED lights sure do help as well.

I am hoping to get powder coated parts back this week and then i can start on the engine, the front timing cover is holding me up right now. I also ordered the tool so i can do retainers.
I did the IZZE EVAP Simulator as well. Did a shakedown drive of my car on Sunday and the sim worked as describe, no CEL.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by freq
I did the IZZE EVAP Simulator as well. Did a shakedown drive of my car on Sunday and the sim worked as describe, no CEL.
That kid makes a good product. I've had at least half a dozen air pump simulators and they've all worked great. I think i was one of the first to get my hands on one when they first came out.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Does the Gendron bar use stamped steel bushing mounts?

I broke a set and upgraded to these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MZN9VG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those gold mounts will not last any aggressive driving. The mounts linked look much stronger. I went with the Gendron ball bearing mounts and have been pleased.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

That kid makes a good product. I've had at least half a dozen air pump simulators and they've all worked great. I think i was one of the first to get my hands on one when they first came out.
Agreed.Shame about the knock-offs.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

It does. Those mounts look nice!
If you decide to order some, make sure you get the correct I.D. The link I posted was for a 1.25" bar.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:49 AM
Community Organizer

This may not look like much but i assure you it is. The majority of these holes shown did not exist. The engine bay had been previously shaven. Finding, drilling and tapping these holes was a chore, i took my time and was very precise, using a flashlight to look though the holes in the outer fender and find them all. Most had been welded shut while i got lucky with a few that were only seam sealed. I was patting myself on the back for purchasing a MAC drill bit set a few weeks ago, it paid off last night.

Name:  103ABE95-FCBC-4505-B5F3-7C4A7D530DB9_zpspsq9p1hd.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  1.47 MB
Old 04-12-2017, 06:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This may not look like much but i assure you it is. The majority of these holes shown did not exist. The engine bay had been previously shaven. Finding, drilling and tapping these holes was a chore, i took my time and was very precise, using a flashlight to look though the holes in the outer fender and find them all. Most had been welded shut while i got lucky with a few that were only seam sealed. I was patting myself on the back for purchasing a MAC drill bit set a few weeks ago, it paid off last night.

Tapping holes is one of my least favorite things to do, let alone this many. Well done!

Quick Reply: Jake's Track Car Build