New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Jake's Track Car Build

Old 11-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

I need the entire front end and driveline for the track car.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Good deal, let the build begin !!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Community Organizer

Found some goodies in the parts car I bought from auction. BWR coilovers I've already sold (I'd like to get ohlins for this car), innovative motor mounts and a K&N intake that'll go into this car. Also had some good speakers and amps. Project for this week is to get my black car into storage for the winter along with some other toys taking up room in my garage (I gave in and bought a 10x25 storage unit yesterday). Then I'll strip this car and organize/transfer over parts. Once that's complete I'll make a run to the port with scrap and clean out some more space in the garage. I've got plenty of time and this won't take too long so I may paint the engine bay once I get all the factory mounting tabs welded back in. That'll take the longest time, they rest will go quick.

Last edited by jsenclosure; 12-14-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
I gave in and bought a 10x25 storage unit yesterday
What kind of storage unit? I'm running out of space and have been looking. Was considering a 20' shipping container, but it is more than I want to spend.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Community Organizer

Just renting a storage unit from a local self storage place
Old 11-16-2016, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conedodger
What kind of storage unit? I'm running out of space and have been looking. Was considering a 20' shipping container, but it is more than I want to spend.

curtis lumber has awesome shed kits u could buy for cheap!
Old 11-17-2016, 01:32 AM

Reminder.

While you are welding things in the engine bay don't forget to tune up those upper A-arm brackets to avoid the mess I had when the welds broke.

I would also weld up and seems you can get to in the engine bay.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:36 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s200059
Reminder.

While you are welding things in the engine bay don't forget to tune up those upper A-arm brackets to avoid the mess I had when the welds broke.

I would also weld up and seems you can get to in the engine bay.
it's on the list
Old 11-18-2016, 10:37 AM

Random thoughts for track setup - many of which you already know about and have a solution..

Ground control
- sounds like you will pursue some Ohlins which is a good choice. You need a quality sway bar also, the gold standard for the s2000 is a Gendron and I think I know where you can get one locally.
- you will probably want a camber kit for the front some you can get decent camber (-3) up front.
- and you will need some track tires which I can help you get started with, I have both 16 and 17 inch tyres. If you decide to buy wheels get 17x9 +45.

Preventive Maintenance -
- you will probably want to upgrade your wheel studs to ARP long studs and in the process you may as well replace the wheel bearings. I have a HUB tamer which makes it a snap.
- Brake ducts from front disks, they have helped my brakes woes ever since you put them on my car back in 2014. Not one brake related problem since !!. The ones I got were from WASP, pricey but worked well. I might be able to help you piece together the bumper ducts if you want to save $$$ and you can use the dust cover to mount the piece for the rotor. Ducts also help save the bearing life.
- OEM brakes are very good, just need better pads and high temp fluid. I think I have some Hawk pads. I would keep and extra set of front rotors around, they due crack unexpectantly.
- you already have all the polly bushing and you will swap the motor mounts / diff mounts as well.

Engine / drive train -
- I know you want to run a stock N/A motor, one good addition is an oil cooler, easy to install and certainly helps with cooling.
- you are getting an after market Radiator which also help. I have a new Mismoto in the box if thats what you are looking for but I believe you wanted a duel pass.
- you may want to pop the valve cover and inspect valve train, check clearances. I am not sure how you will know if the valve clips have been changed.
- alls the OEM drive train works well. When you get a few extra bucks you will want to get yourself a 4.77 ring/pinion which is the best combo for running N/A (right Paul Simpson)

I am sure there are other thoughts from the other track rats (Paul, Shiv, Aashish, Billman, Chef, Jeff).
Old 11-18-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

If you can get a deal on a used Gendron bar, go for it. If you are going to buy new check out the Karcepts bar. I think it is a much better design.
Karcepts, Inc. - Karcepts S2000 Front Sway Bar Kit

Quick Reply: Jake's Track Car Build