New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

July 16 & 17 - S2000s at Watkins Glen with SCDA

Old 04-07-2018, 08:37 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Shared these pics on Metro to see if I could get some interest from there. Also sharing here. Please sign up if you've always wanted to do this. Remember, the more people that can make it, the greater the incentive to keep planning such events.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you pass tech for this event with just the factory hoops and OEM hard top?
Old 04-15-2018, 10:30 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by saving4one
Can you pass tech for this event with just the factory hoops and OEM hard top?
that has never been an issue in the past.

Blueosprey90 and NoDelta have fun with factory protection and the cloth top. You’ll be fine.

In fact I’ve run with SCDA in that very same configuration you describe before I got a roll bar. It’ll be great to finally meet you in person and talk hillclimbs if you can make it

Old 04-15-2018, 04:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm looking forward to meeting you and several others now that I'm back home on the East coast. Unfortunately I can only afford to do the NYST event in May. I'm definitely planning to make Watkins Glen my first priority next year. Won't you be at NYST, thought I saw your name on the list?

I guess you're not on the list. Drive for Levi? I'll be there.

Last edited by saving4one; 04-15-2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: After some research
Old 04-15-2018, 05:40 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by saving4one
I'm looking forward to meeting you and several others now that I'm back home on the East coast. Unfortunately I can only afford to do the NYST event in May. I'm definitely planning to make Watkins Glen my first priority next year. Won't you be at NYST, thought I saw your name on the list?

I guess you're not on the list. Drive for Levi? I'll be there.
Have fun at the NYST event. Jeff (blueosprey90) will be there. Watkins Glen is a lot of fun and is something you must consider whether with SCDA or someone else. It will take your experience at NYST and turn it up to 11 so be sure to get to it whenever you can. We can catch up at the Drive for Levi for sure.

I think this year will be the last SCDA event that I try organizing something for the S2000 group. The message was pretty much on the wall last year, but it looked like people wanted to go this year. So I thought we could keep doing it. But there is no interest. Life gets in the way and I understand people have competing priorities.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
I think this year will be the last SCDA event that I try organizing something for the S2000 group. The message was pretty much on the wall last year, but it looked like people wanted to go this year. So I thought we could keep doing it. But there is no interest. Life gets in the way and I understand people have competing priorities.
I`m still hoping to sign up this year, as is Chevy S2000 John and his son Matt (now in a Miata)
I`ve just got this pesky speeding court date to resolve before I can fully commit

Here's NH Mark and I coming up the esses:

The following users liked this post:
A 2 (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 04:17 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

You were ticketed for speeding Mikey?

You’re more likely a candidate for public nuisance with those obnoxious brake pads
Old 04-20-2018, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by A 2
You were ticketed for speeding Mikey?
You’re more likely a candidate for public nuisance with those obnoxious brake pads
Yup!
It was the first beautiful night of the season. I decided to fire up the S and see if this was the year that the mice got the wires. I didn't even need to jump her, she just started right up.
I let her idle for a while and get up to temp before deciding to pull her out into the driveway and clean the garage a little.
That didn't last long before I decided to go for a quick drive.
That didn't last long before I decided to drop the roof.
That didn't last long before I decided to give her some gas.
That didn't last long before they got me. I was less than 1/2 mile from where I started...

The official charge was 70 in a 45. They didn't give me a ticket, just a court date.
I`m off to meet my friendly local prosecutor this Monday. Wish me luck!
(I still need to fix the brakes too!)
Old 04-20-2018, 06:04 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by NoDelta
Yup!
It was the first beautiful night of the season. I decided to fire up the S and see if this was the year that the mice got the wires. I didn't even need to jump her, she just started right up.
I let her idle for a while and get up to temp before deciding to pull her out into the driveway and clean the garage a little.
That didn't last long before I decided to go for a quick drive.
That didn't last long before I decided to drop the roof.
That didn't last long before I decided to give her some gas.
That didn't last long before they got me. I was less than 1/2 mile from where I started...

The official charge was 70 in a 45. They didn't give me a ticket, just a court date.
I`m off to meet my friendly local prosecutor this Monday. Wish me luck!
(I still need to fix the brakes too!)
oh boy! Good luck. Perhaps you can get Mr. Osprey aka El Jefe to represent you pro bono. He is licensed in Connecticut. But be warned, he may just argue with the judge and make a bad situation worse. I’m sure they’ll make a deal and you’ll come out ok. Stay positive.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by A 2
oh boy! Good luck. Perhaps you can get Mr. Osprey aka El Jefe to represent you pro bono. He is licensed in Connecticut. But be warned, he may just argue with the judge and make a bad situation worse. I’m sure they’ll make a deal and you’ll come out ok. Stay positive.
Got this all sorted out this morning - fortunately it didn't hurt too much. I make a charitable contribution and they clear my record so insurance doesnt find out!
Couldn't have hoped for anything more.
I haven't sent in my check yet, but that gets me one step closer to WGI.

Quick Reply: July 16 & 17 - S2000s at Watkins Glen with SCDA