S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/)
-   -   lake George drive (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/lake-george-drive-1072267/)

mndthegap1 02-13-2014 10:48 PM

lake George drive

heya guys not sure if this is the right section to post in if it isn't mod can you please move for me. Anyway my name is Tony I am from Long Island and I am trying to get together the Lake George Drive I wanted to grab a couple of Long Island guys drive up to Lake George maybe rent a cabin by the lake maybe around Bolton landing and then maybe meet up with some of you upstate guys and go for a spirited drive around the mountains, and grab some grub and beer afterwards, was trying to get this going maybe for memorial day? If this sounds like a plan to you guys plz pm me and Maybe we can get the ball rolling.....thanks

Crazy_Schizo 02-14-2014 04:38 AM

I would advise against Memorial Day weekend. Too much traffic on the roads to have them be enjoyable to drive on.

It is a nice area to drive around, but I don't think you'd get enough spirited driving in with all the holiday traffic.

A 2 02-14-2014 05:45 AM

:iagree: that's the busiest weekend and close to Americade week. You are better off planning another weekend without Harley's everywhere.
If you decide to still keep that date get your reservations in ASAP. Good luck. I'd join you but expect to be busy that weekend.

Headchef 02-14-2014 07:27 AM

If you fellows want to travel up to the Lake George area why not plan it for the weekend of the Solidarity drive for Levi? A fabulous spirited drive through the mountains with a terrific group! You can stay in Lake George and run up 87 to the meet up point in a half hour or so. :drive:

Bugsy 02-14-2014 07:41 AM

Dave, you may want to check with the organizer(s) as I recall it was getting too big, so limits were proposed to be imposed just because of that.
Some of my S2K friends and I stayed home so others could play... and also the weather was a bit fickle.
Great idea though...

mndthegap1 02-14-2014 08:11 AM

I was toying with Memorial Day weekend because its a 3 Day weekend and everybody would have off on Monday, I can always just pick another weekend in the summer and we can all meet up, I would love to meet some of you guys and possibly drive around and have some fun food and beer

mndthegap1 02-14-2014 08:13 AM

and btw Jeff did you change your screen name?

Bugsy 02-14-2014 08:28 AM

Yep, that's me Tony...

pgss2k 02-14-2014 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 23015788)
Yep, that's me Tony...

Nice new wheel:)!, hopefully it is there till your new one gets figured out.

NNY S2k 02-14-2014 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bugsy (Post 23015716)
Dave, you may want to check with the organizer(s) as I recall it was getting too big, so limits were proposed to be imposed just because of that.
Some of my S2K friends and I stayed home so others could play... and also the weather was a bit fickle.
Great idea though...

I remember someone mentioning something about a limit, but it was never considered. Last year there were only 7 S's, I'd say mostly due to the weather. Hopefully there will be a better showing this year.
Levi