New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Levi Drive - July 14th - Saturday

Old 07-10-2018, 02:25 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Mr. Osprey - it may be time to update your OP with info on where to meet as well as a list of who all are going.

As of now, I count the following:

- Blueosprey90
- NNY S2K
- Headchef
- Saving4one
- Ridgercr
​​​​​​- Stan in the Mercedes
- jsenclosure (tentative)
- cotishi (he posted on the Upstate thread asking about a drive and I linked him to this thread)
El Jefe, I updated the list to include Jeremy. On the morning of the drive if I see some late posts, I’ll be sure to send you a text message. I’ll probably copy Jeremy on the message too just in case your mobile phone is turned off or some place you can’t remember.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds good Aashish. I’ll be sure to check my phone too.
The following users liked this post:
A 2 (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 03:17 AM

Thus far, we may have potential scattered thunder storms on Saturday. We’ll see as the weekend gets closer but I’m still a go at this time as long as it’s not a washout.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:37 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR
Thus far, we may have potential scattered thunder storms on Saturday. We’ll see as the weekend gets closer but I’m still a go at this time as long as it’s not a washout.
last year too the forecast called for scattered storms. I’d say they only accounted for maybe 10% of the drive. If you have the day off you should go for sure. Cars can always be washed and cleaned.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:05 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Still early but all the local weather forecasts for Sat. are calling for rain/thunderstorms from about 4 am to 6 pm.
Levi
Old 07-10-2018, 04:21 PM

We should be good then.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Looking forward to meeting you, how old is your son?
Levi
Looking forward to meeting you also. He is 10.
Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Andy, if you and your son want to stay over Saturday night at my camp in Elizabethtown, I can arrange to put you up, subject of course to the final approval of she who has to arrange for food and sheets. This is near Exit 30 and we will likely pass by the place on our drive. I am heading to Watkins Glen on Sunday afternoon - leaving around 2 or 3 in the afternoon is the current plan. Throw some bathing suits in the car. There is enough to amuse yourself there. Then we can caravan you back to Seneca Falls on Sunday. The drive through the Adirondacks on Route 8 is magnificent! I think the long term weather forecast looks very good - at least down here in Connecticut.
We might just take you up on your offer Jeff, would we need a tent or is there some sort of 'cabin' at your camp. My "she who feeds us most meals" approves of us being gone another night.

Rain or shine, any excuse to drive the S around the Adirondacks, works for me. I swear it rained almost every day the summer of '03 when I bought my S and it was my dd until that winter. It even rained the day I took delivery.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:23 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Andy, it's a regular paradise for a 10 year old kid. You won't need a tent or sleeping bags, unless you want to sleep outside, but even then I could rig you up with a couple of hammock tents. It has bathrooms, showers, beds, sheets, silverware, dishes, old dirty dog, Red Rider BB gun, waterfront, canoe, motorboat, little kid kayaks, water guns, fishing poles, panfish off the dock, small island to explore and maybe even some worms left over from the Fourth of July. Not much grass but a lot of pine sap and needles. Parking in an open spot is the challenge.

The drive itself will finish about 3:30 or 4:00 so people can get home.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Andy, if you and your son are staying over, please confirm asap.

She who is in charge of food and amenities need to go shopping tomorrow morning.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry responding so late, Jeff. Yes, we will stay over but we will have to head back home sooner than 2 or 3 on Sunday. Thank you for the hospitality! It will be nice to return home in the day time to better enjoy the scenery.

Quick Reply: Levi Drive - July 14th - Saturday