New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Lost thread???

Old 03-20-2002, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost thread???

I am looking for a thread that was posted yesterday (3-19-02) it contained a link to schedules for up coming sanctioned timed "maneuvering or car handling" courses set up throughout the states.....I know a few were in the WNY, mainly held on campus parking lots....thanks for the help...I have gone through all the threads for the said date and come up empty....
Old 03-20-2002, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taken from:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...ighlight=helmet

Most likely not what you are looking for but it might be a start.

...and don't forget about the local GVC BMW CCA/Niagara Porsche Club AutoX events. We have a blast, but we do not count for those competing in SCCA, other than to give them some extra practice. Our events are not as crowded as SCCA so the number of runs can be more plentiful sometimes!

As of now we are scheduled to be at Valeo, 1555 Lyell Avenue, Northwest parking lot. $15 for a day, we play between 8:00AM and 4:00PM. The dates are April 28, May 12, June 23, July 21 and August 25.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info......It was just something that caught my eye, the one event is very close to where I live, I just want to check it out....have never done anything like that....the thought of maybe up ending some cones verses some real road hazards. I do want to be able to really feel the handling abilities of this car, without paying the cost of a "crash" or losing it...
Old 03-20-2002, 10:39 AM

Although not as good as ours (Rochester) there are GVC BMW CCA AutoX events in Buffalo. I think they have 2 scheduled, I will get the dates for you.

ALSO- I'm sure there are lots of SCCA AutoX events in Buffalo.

Anything to help a fellow S2000 owner learn how to get the most out of their car!
Old 03-20-2002, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by Triple-H
ALSO- I'm sure there are lots of SCCA AutoX events in Buffalo.
Western NY Region SCCA