New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Mark 355's new car - the S2000 has been replaced

Old 07-03-2016, 05:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure your situation is different than mine.
As with having a family, at first, I wanted to drive the S every time I had a chance.

Nowadays I take it out maybe once or twice a week, depending on weather. So I look at it as a personal fun toy.

You just have to look at things the same way if there is ever any doubts about selling it.

I can tell you, as you probably know, that it is an event every time you drive the car. And the miles stay off as well.

It's your decision, but whatever you decide, it'll be another chapter in the book of life. Your car is quite awesome to look at, and well taken care of.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:11 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR
I'm sure your situation is different than mine.
As with having a family, at first, I wanted to drive the S every time I had a chance.

Nowadays I take it out maybe once or twice a week, depending on weather. So I look at it as a personal fun toy.

You just have to look at things the same way if there is ever any doubts about selling it.

I can tell you, as you probably know, that it is an event every time you drive the car. And the miles stay off as well.

It's your decision, but whatever you decide, it'll be another chapter in the book of life. Your car is quite awesome to look at, and well taken care of.

Jeremy - the car is sold. Mark is still around. Maybe someday he will get back in one. For now he seems to be happy.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:50 PM

Nooooo.

Did he get the price he was looking for?

Man, that was fast!
Old 07-04-2016, 02:54 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

He said he let it go for a satisfactory price. So he is happy.

He's going to stick around and come to Guptills meets and other such events.

We need to kick off those Guptills meets btw.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:58 PM

Yeah, I'm going to be away for a couple weeks, but we should pick a night after the 23rd of July. I'll be back then.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:03 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm going to miss the great pictures Mark used to take years ago when I used to join some of the upstate New York meets. It's interesting… I was thinking about this The other day… The longer I have an S2 thousand the deeper and stronger The bond...almost feels like the car has a soul and it continues to build or nurture a relationship with you the more you look at it the more you drive it. Every element on this earth has some energy... It comes in sync with our energy when we drive it. My perspective is that the more you interact with the car the more the relationship is nurtured and the less likely it is that you will break apart. The memory of a recent experience driving this car is what keeps interest and passion alive for what it offers
Old 07-08-2016, 08:40 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Well said Helio.

I think Mark made the right decision for himself at this point in his life.

No saying he may be back in another S2000 at some point in the future.

He's still around and plans to come to meets. So the pics will keep coming I'm sure.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Mark,

Assuming you haven't gotten another car yet and are still considering what about this idea: 2008-2010 BMW 335i. You can get it in 4 door or coupe trim, as well as having the option for AWD. It would be comfy and work year around in all seasons, with ample utility, and stock driving dynamics should be fairly solid. Buuuuuuuut you would also have the N54 engine, which is basically a German Toyota 2JZ engine. You could reliably work that bad boy up to 500 RWHP and daily it no problem. There are guys running 700 at the wheel stock! This way you could maintain usability, practicality, and if you wanted some atomic power under the hood, you could attain that easily and reliably.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:16 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

I met Mark this afternoon. He sent me a text asking if I could meet him so he could show me his new car. Well here it is. He seems less burdened now and happy that he can beat on this and crash it through potholes or drive it in the rain and still have the suspension soak up all the asphalt imperfections. He expects to get into something sporty down the line. But for a while expects to go through a period if introspection as he enjoys his new car without worrying about potholes, door dings or rain.

He will always be a part of S2KI and Upstate
The white and blue NY Plate is from his Silverstone as is the plate frame
Old 07-09-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

, but it's missing a pedal
Levi