S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/)
-   -   May 17th Mod Day 2014 in the Albany Area (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/may-17th-mod-day-2014-albany-area-1071993/)

jsenclosure 02-12-2014 05:37 AM

May 17th Mod Day 2014 in the Albany Area

Date: May 17th

My garage is pretty much a revolving door for s2000s and cars/bikes in general. Weather I own them or I'm doing work for other people I've obtained a lot of knowledge and know-how about our cars.

I realize not everyone on here has a garage, a lift, or even tools to work on their own car. I'm lucky enough to have a garage and lift and I'm thinking of opening up shop to you guys for a day. Just a day to hang out and do simple mods. We can get 1 car on the lift and one on jack stands side by side, get everyone to chip in and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way, while doing some work on the cars we own and love. No top installs, supercharger or clutch installs this day, lets try to keep it to mods that should take 1-1.5 hours (exhaust, brakes, air intake, sway bars etc) so we can get everyone in. Don't have a mod in mind? Come over and change your engine/diff/trans fluid and hang out! I think i'm pretty central to everyone location wise, so hopefully this will work out well.

STUFF TO BRING:
-Parts for your car, fluids, zip ties etc. Bring whatever you will need for the mod you would like to do.
-Air tools (if you want them). I just recently got a new compressor and have air in my shop but have a slim selection of air tools.
-Food,beer,soda etc. I was thinking we can order some pizza for lunch if everyone just wants to throw in a few bucks

Thanks probably it. I have a lot of hand tools and a tool cart with tools i let friends use, i have jack stands and everything else we should need for any mod you have in mind. Bring a good attitude and have a fun day hanging our with friends and working on our favorite cars.

Crazy_Schizo 02-12-2014 05:55 AM

I won't be in attendance (May is a bad month for me, it is a bit far to travel, and most importantly - I have no money for mods at the moment! :p), but I do want to say that this is an awesome idea Jake. Two thumbs up to you for hosting this.

Conedodger 02-12-2014 06:06 AM

If I were closer, I'd come to hang out.

NNY S2k 02-12-2014 06:11 AM

If it's a nice day for a drive I'll probably take a ride just to hang out.
Levi

HarryWho 02-12-2014 07:49 AM

Jake,
The way I feel now with this @!#$$%%$%% winter weather, the thought of driving the S for 4 hours to Guilderland on a nice warm May day for a cup of coffee or other tasty beverage sounds like a dream. Any maintenance would be an extra perk!

I went out and got the paper this morning, drove to work a little later, went in the building and then realized that it was below 0. This winter has made me numb-er, dumb-er, stiff-er, sore-er, fat-er, sad-er and a few more "ers" that I can't think of! Help :cry:

HA!rry

pgss2k 02-12-2014 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Conedodger (Post 23012068)
If I were closer, I'd come to hang out.

+1 on that. I need a Jake in Maine!

blueosprey90 02-12-2014 01:21 PM

Thank you Jake. I would love to come, but the only Saturday that I have in May that is not booked is May 10.

If that is the day you choose, my potential list of mods - if you can call them that are: a) Baffled oil pan; b) Billman's tightened hubs; c) valve adjustment; and maybe d) braided brake lines. I suppose I could do all of these myself, but a little motivation and supervision never hurts.

OH, FORGET IT! May 10th is booked too! This is one reason I have to schedule the Solidarity Drive on my calendar 9 months in advance!

A 2 02-12-2014 01:46 PM

Good job Jake. I really appreciate you starting this up. I should be in as Saturdays are typically open. If need be I can bring a set of jack stands and a set of tools so we can have 3 cars worked on at the same time. Do let us know once you have a date finalized. We can also add this to the 2014 events thread.

RIDGERCR 02-12-2014 10:00 PM

Great idea Jake! My mods this year involve the intake manifold gasket swap and a HT. But if I can break free I'd come over to help out a bit and chat it up. :thumbup:

Mark355 02-13-2014 05:50 PM

In.