S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/)
-   -   Meet and Cruise - Buffalo/Rochester area 2019 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/meet-cruise-buffalo-rochester-area-2019-a-1194003/)

Yamba6 05-08-2019 08:24 AM

S2Kruise to Letchworth - Sunday June 23rd 2019

S2Kruise to Letchworth will be a cruise from the Buffalo, NY area to Letchworth State Park taking back roads. This event will be held on Sunday June 23rd 2019. This will be a mid morning event that may lead into the afternoon. This event is for all S2000's and/or S2000 owners who's cars may not be able to be driven at the time. We are just looking to have fun, drive some cars, and share some laughs with fellow owners.

More information will continue to be posted as we progress with this event.

Edited: 5/22/19 - Event date and locations determined.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8e&oe=5D2D1444

A 2 05-08-2019 09:00 AM

Based on past experience. It always helps to provide a few dates for consideration so people can pick and choose between the ones available. I’ve always scheduled for dates a month out. That gives me time to drive the routes and make sure the asphalt is in good shape.

If you think it will help, you can add a poll to your post or better yet start a poll on doodle and share the link here.

Let me know as and when you finalize the date and I’ll help you promote it on this subsection. :thumbup:

Crazy_Schizo 05-08-2019 09:02 AM

A rather fun road to check out is Zoar Valley Road between Springville and Gowanda. It isn't in the best of shape, and that is probably a good thing as it keep you from overdriving the road. No joke, I was down to 2nd gear with about 20 mph on the speedometer peering over the hood on an uphill crest as I had no idea what way the road would go once I crested. Rough shape, but a very scenic road to take.

Conversely, and likely for another event, we could get some +1s involved and take a breeze through the Niagara County Wine Trail. Not a lot of challenging roads, but if you're having some wine, maybe not the worst idea either.

Yamba6 05-08-2019 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by A 2 (Post 24599747)
Based on past experience. It always helps to provide a few dates for consideration so people can pick and choose between the ones available. I’ve always scheduled for dates a month out. That gives me time to drive the routes and make sure the asphalt is in good shape.

If you think it will help, you can add a poll to your post or better yet start a poll on doodle and share the link here.

Let me know as and when you finalize the date and I’ll help you promote it on this subsection. :thumbup:

I wasn't sure on what dates I've be available and or others so I just kind of left it open for at least figuring out where people would want to go. I don't plan to do this for another month or 2 as it is either but just trying to get some interest and ideas going.

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo (Post 24599748)
A rather fun road to check out is Zoar Valley Road between Springville and Gowanda. It isn't in the best of shape, and that is probably a good thing as it keep you from overdriving the road. No joke, I was down to 2nd gear with about 20 mph on the speedometer peering over the hood on an uphill crest as I had no idea what way the road would go once I crested. Rough shape, but a very scenic road to take.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zo...!4d-78.7617341

Conversely, and likely for another event, we could get some +1s involved and take a breeze through the Niagara County Wine Trail. Not a lot of challenging roads, but if you're having some wine, maybe not the worst idea either.

I think it would be nice but unfortunately the rough shape part will steer a lot of people away from wanting to drive it. Myself included. Tonawanda Creek road isn't awful but it definitely has a lot of rocks and debris that you can hear pinging off your car as you drive. It make you cringe. Still fun but you get the point.

MrSmith 05-08-2019 09:17 AM

Make it a Sunday morning with plenty of notice and I’ll be there.

PS that pic makes me want to go drive my car :vtec:

NNY S2k 05-08-2019 10:07 AM

Having grown up in Gowanda I used to travel that road quite a bit....to say the least it can be rather exciting. Too bad it has got in bad shape over the years. I'm surprised anyone on here even knows of that road.
Levi

Yamba6 05-08-2019 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by MrSmith (Post 24599756)
Make it a Sunday morning with plenty of notice and I’ll be there.

PS that pic makes me want to go drive my car :vtec:

We'd have to figure out a destination. I'd be up for something with a breakfast if we are talking that early. Find a town with a decent sized diner in the southern tier.

Originally Posted by NNY S2k (Post 24599792)
Having grown up in Gowanda I used to travel that road quite a bit....to say the least it can be rather exciting. Too bad it has got in bad shape over the years. I'm surprised anyone on here even knows of that road.
Levi

I'm pretty sure I know the road you guys are talking about. It seemed to have some really... none existent road patches every so often if I recall. lol Though this was a few years ago.

Yamba6 05-22-2019 11:51 AM

So it's looking like the date is going to be June 23rd at this point. We had a quick little poll on fb with 8 voting for that date. Now to figure out the roads and if anyone from the Rochester area or any other areas want to join in on the fun with the Buffalo crew.

We can call this S2Kruise to Letchworth.

Yamba6 05-22-2019 12:34 PM

I have changed the title and op. Date of the cruise will be Sunday June 23rd. We will meet at a location around Buffalo, NY and drive back roads to Letchworth State Park.

Crazy_Schizo 05-23-2019 04:03 AM

Awesome, rain or shine event?