Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > North America East > New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners
Reload this Page >

Meet and Cruise - Buffalo/Rochester area 2019

New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Meet and Cruise - Buffalo/Rochester area 2019

Old 05-08-2019, 08:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Meet and Cruise - Buffalo/Rochester area 2019

Trying to take the initiative here and start planning a meet and cruise from around the WNY area. After meeting with the 11 other owners at the S2koffee over the past weekend, it got me reminiscing about a past cruise I took from the Batavia/Rochester area down to Letchworth State Park taking back roads.

So without dates in mind at this point, I was thinking that maybe we could plan a meet in Batavia, NY to give a spot between the 2 cities, then cruise out from there down to maybe EBC (Ellicottville Brewing Company) were we could maybe grab some food and go from there. If not that, Letchworth State Park or something like 4 mile brewing in Olean. (Does not need to be a brewery) lol.

Please fell free to give some suggestions on locations to meet and cruise to. I would like to make it something going into the Southern Tier though to drive through the hills.

I'm not usually the one to set this up but I'll give it a shot this time. I have also posted this on our WNY S2k Facebook page but will be spreading it to other S2000 pages on there once we get the ground work going.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:00 AM
A 2

Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

Based on past experience. It always helps to provide a few dates for consideration so people can pick and choose between the ones available. I’ve always scheduled for dates a month out. That gives me time to drive the routes and make sure the asphalt is in good shape.

If you think it will help, you can add a poll to your post or better yet start a poll on doodle and share the link here.

Let me know as and when you finalize the date and I’ll help you promote it on this subsection.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A rather fun road to check out is Zoar Valley Road between Springville and Gowanda. It isn't in the best of shape, and that is probably a good thing as it keep you from overdriving the road. No joke, I was down to 2nd gear with about 20 mph on the speedometer peering over the hood on an uphill crest as I had no idea what way the road would go once I crested. Rough shape, but a very scenic road to take.

Conversely, and likely for another event, we could get some +1s involved and take a breeze through the Niagara County Wine Trail. Not a lot of challenging roads, but if you're having some wine, maybe not the worst idea either.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by A 2 View Post
Based on past experience. It always helps to provide a few dates for consideration so people can pick and choose between the ones available. I’ve always scheduled for dates a month out. That gives me time to drive the routes and make sure the asphalt is in good shape.

If you think it will help, you can add a poll to your post or better yet start a poll on doodle and share the link here.

Let me know as and when you finalize the date and I’ll help you promote it on this subsection.

I wasn't sure on what dates I've be available and or others so I just kind of left it open for at least figuring out where people would want to go. I don't plan to do this for another month or 2 as it is either but just trying to get some interest and ideas going.

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo View Post
A rather fun road to check out is Zoar Valley Road between Springville and Gowanda. It isn't in the best of shape, and that is probably a good thing as it keep you from overdriving the road. No joke, I was down to 2nd gear with about 20 mph on the speedometer peering over the hood on an uphill crest as I had no idea what way the road would go once I crested. Rough shape, but a very scenic road to take.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zo...!4d-78.7617341

Conversely, and likely for another event, we could get some +1s involved and take a breeze through the Niagara County Wine Trail. Not a lot of challenging roads, but if you're having some wine, maybe not the worst idea either.
I think it would be nice but unfortunately the rough shape part will steer a lot of people away from wanting to drive it. Myself included. Tonawanda Creek road isn't awful but it definitely has a lot of rocks and debris that you can hear pinging off your car as you drive. It make you cringe. Still fun but you get the point.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Make it a Sunday morning with plenty of notice and I’ll be there.

PS that pic makes me want to go drive my car
Old 05-08-2019, 10:07 AM

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

Having grown up in Gowanda I used to travel that road quite a bit....to say the least it can be rather exciting. Too bad it has got in bad shape over the years. I'm surprised anyone on here even knows of that road.
Levi
Old 05-08-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
Make it a Sunday morning with plenty of notice and I’ll be there.

PS that pic makes me want to go drive my car
We'd have to figure out a destination. I'd be up for something with a breakfast if we are talking that early. Find a town with a decent sized diner in the southern tier.

Originally Posted by NNY S2k View Post
Having grown up in Gowanda I used to travel that road quite a bit....to say the least it can be rather exciting. Too bad it has got in bad shape over the years. I'm surprised anyone on here even knows of that road.
Levi
I'm pretty sure I know the road you guys are talking about. It seemed to have some really... none existent road patches every so often if I recall. lol Though this was a few years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands