New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Mr. Grieb's Build Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 03:41 AM

Received 680 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Disgruntled wonders if you are getting married to the girl in the avatar?
disgruntled would be wrong. :P

okay okay, lets stop hijacking this thread. we'll go back to the chat thread if needed.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

New Update:
I work in the Walden Galleria mall and always park in the last spot hugging the curb as much as possible. Well that didn't stop someone with a white vehicle from ruining my 1/4 panel and bumper. Of course the mall has terrible cameras and saw nothing and of course they didn't leave a note.

FML

Unfortunately insurance isn't covering it so I will be fixing it out of pocket. At least they didn't hit my wheels as i cannot get a replacement! About a week or two later i dropped it off at a shop to get repaired and am still waiting on getting the car back. I'm still in school so I told him to keep it as long as he needs.

On the bright side, I got a OEM AP2 Replica lip from Bayson R on ebay for $60 shipped. Also purchased OEM Honda Weatherstripping for the lip once it gets painted with the rest of the rear 1/4. Lastly, after waiting 2 months, my WedsSport center caps came in! Looks so much better IMO.

Also had time to install my sub frame rigid collars from ClubFi.com. I didn't bother aligning it after as I took it for a test drive and it drove straight for most of the part. I'll write a real review on them once I get a chance to drive the car when I get it back from the shop. As of right now I'm just finishing this semester and driving around my daily
Old 05-07-2017, 09:57 AM

i HATED parked at walden galleria. if you can, park over by the DSW... its the best place i found to park with the S... its normally the emptiest lot too.

Also why wouldn't insurance cover it? something about the policy not covering parked cars?

good luck man!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:59 AM

p.s. next time i'm up in Buttfukcalo i'll shoot you a PM. maybe you, crazy marc and i can grab a brew somewhere.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I too used to always be in Walden when I had my shop there and would always try avoiding driving the S there. Sorry to hear about the body damage. Were you planning on fixing it yourself? When I hit the wall at Palmer I did damage in roughly the same area and "fixed" it by slicing it out and riveting in over fenders. Just an option to consider.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:33 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Sorry to hear about the damage Nolan. Been there...
Old 05-07-2017, 06:41 PM

I did Give over fenders a thought as the Spoon Sports ones would have covered it perfectly but i just like the look of the stock s2000 body and i would have to get new wheels or spacers to fill up the extra 20mm of fenders.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:47 AM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Ouch. I try to avoid most parking lots with the S, but especially the Walden Galleria!

I'm guessing insurance doesn't cover it because the damage is lower than your deductible?
Old 05-08-2017, 05:31 AM

When I got insurance on it it was supposed to be full coverage however that's not what they gave us. Therefore I only had liability and now have to pay out of pocket. Safe to say I will be changing my insurance soon.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:05 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

^^^That sure is bad news, I hope you are able to get it repaired like new.
Levi

Quick Reply: Mr. Grieb's Build Thread