New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

new up here in New York

Old 09-22-2003, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new up here in New York

Well...not NEW NEW...but about 3 weeks. Moved from MD to attend RIT. Left my S back too but considering to bring her up here if the winter condition this year convinces me (heard it was bad). And definately not new to the forum.

Tuner
Old 09-22-2003, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuner, welcome!

There are several guys up here who run their S all winter, but they do have snow tires! I for one do not do that, no way, not My Spa.

So what program at RIT? I graduated from there in '82, and I now have a house just down the road to the south a couple of miles, no question about it, if you live in the dorms I'm the closest one to ya.

Keep an eye open for our activities, they are always posted here, and yes, we have a hard time picking dates, but we eventually get the job done. Although you do not have your S up here, there is a good chance you can snag a ride with someone...
Old 09-22-2003, 09:02 AM

thanx for the welcome. I've gotten fed up with dorm life so I've moved to Rustic Villege apt. on Henrrietta Rd. (did i spell that right?). Though I'm in daily car right now...I really want to bring my car up here so I can continue to work on it. But seeing that I have no garage here and my daily has been attacked by some individuals who thinks throwing eggs on random cars is funny. So far...my decision stays to just leave my car at MD. If anyone has a space I can store my car let me know....maybe therez a rental garage or somethin...

Tuner
Old 09-22-2003, 11:31 AM

There's an SCCA autocross Sunday, Oct. 12 at RIT where you can see me lose the year's championship to Chris Morton, my nemesis...
Old 09-23-2003, 04:17 AM

I suspect MD is the place to keep your car, sad but the truth. You can find a number of mini storage places in Henrietta that will fit the S, but they get pricey quick. I put my CRX-Si in one one winter, Brighton-Henrietta Townline Road across from side entrance to MCC, but it was $99.00 per month and that was a :clearthroat: a while ago...

I know where you are, yup Rustic Village. I too could not handle the dorms after the first year. I have lived at Perkins Green and Riverton, but then eventually I took apartments in the city.

So, come on, you can confess we all have to know what the daily driver is.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:18 AM

Originally posted by jguerdat
There's an SCCA autocross Sunday, Oct. 12 at RIT where you can see me lose the year's championship to Chris Morton, my nemesis...
You are too hard on yourself... How is this for motivation? Me the cheap bastard will put money on you next year.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
I suspect MD is the place to keep your car, sad but the truth. You can find a number of mini storage places in Henrietta that will fit the S, but they get pricey quick. I put my CRX-Si in one one winter, Brighton-Henrietta Townline Road across from side entrance to MCC, but it was $99.00 per month and that was a :clearthroat: a while ago...
Old 09-23-2003, 12:56 PM

HondaS2000Tuner,
You should register your car as a owner instead of enthusiast with the site.
2002 #2234
2003 G35 Garnet Fire
1997 Ford Ranger
Old 09-23-2003, 06:16 PM

I want to but doesn't that take purchasing for membership? Believe me I'm the world's most cheapest spender if itz not my car . I'd still be wearing underwear I got when I was born if I still could!!

Tuner
Old 09-23-2003, 07:13 PM

You can be a owner/guest and not be a member. You need to enter your vehicle VIN#, use your edit profile option.

Quick Reply: new up here in New York