New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

The NEW Upstate chat thread!

Old 08-24-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Snow in small amounts is fine, I just don't want what Boston and Hamburg got last year, and temps staying above zero would be welcome.
Levi
Old 08-24-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there, still alive here. Please don't start talking about winter now, summer is not over and fall is still to come. I would've liked to make a drive this year, but it just didn't work out. Maybe the tri-state drive..
Old 08-24-2015, 05:39 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

^ Hogan, good to hear from you
Old 08-24-2015, 05:41 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Memories of Dan Wheldon have still not receded and now this.

Justin Wilson has passed away
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/12...bs-to-injuries

Justin Wilson has died from injuries sustained in an accident during Sunday’s IndyCar race at Pocono.
The 37-year-old was struck in the head by a large piece of debris thrown from the car of Sage Karam, who had spun and crashed into the outside wall.
Medical personnel were on the scene within moments, and he was airlifted to the Lehigh Valley Health Network Cedar Crest Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania, where he was assessed to have suffered a severe head injury. He died on Monday afternoon without regaining consciousness.
Wilson’s family issued a statement acknowledging the efforts that had been made to save his life.
"With deep sadness, the parents of Justin Wilson, Keith and Lynne, his wife Julia, and his brother Stefan share the news that Justin passed away today after succumbing to injuries suffered during the Verizon IndyCar event at Pocono Raceway on Sunday, August 23,’ it read.
"Justin was a loving father and devoted husband, as well as a highly competitive racing driver who was respected by his peers.

"The family would like to thank the staff at the Lehigh Valley Health Network Cedar Crest Hospital, Pocono Raceway, Andretti Autosport, and the Verizon IndyCar Series as well as the entire racing community for the amazing outpouring of support from fans around the world."
Mark Miles, CEO of Hulman & Co., the parent of IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway declared: "This is a monumentally sad day for IndyCar and the motorsports community as a whole.
"Justin's elite ability to drive a race car was matched by his unwavering kindness, character and humility, which is what made him one of the most respected members of the paddock. As we know, the racing industry is one big family, and our efforts moving forward will be focused on rallying around Justin's family to ensure they get the support they need during this unbelievably difficult time."
Andretti Autosport released a statement paying tribute to the contribution the Briton had made during his short time with the team.
“We are deeply saddened by the passing of Justin Wilson. He was a tremendous racer, a valuable member of the team and respected representative to our sport. While Justin was only a part of the Andretti lineup for a short time, it only took a second for him to forever become part of the Andretti family. His life and racing career is a story of class and passion surpassed by none. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the Wilson family and fans worldwide.”

The family has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Wilson Children’s Fund care of INDYCAR.

Wilson Children's Fund
C/O INDYCAR
4551 West 16th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46222
Old 08-24-2015, 07:15 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

S2000 on the lot nearby.

I believe it is an '05 with about 54,000 miles. Started at $21,500 about 6 weeks ago, then down to $19,995 for about a month. Now saw it at the front of the lot priced at $15,995.

Link: http://www.autotechnic.net/car-sales.aspx
Old 08-25-2015, 03:53 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
S2000 on the lot nearby.

I believe it is an '05 with about 54,000 miles. Started at $21,500 about 6 weeks ago, then down to $19,995 for about a month. Now saw it at the front of the lot priced at $15,995.

Link: http://www.autotechnic.net/car-sales.aspx
That seems like a fair price now.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:07 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

It has some nice upgrades on it. Not sure I like the wing, but wheels, exhaust, and electronically adjustable dampers are nice. I see it has a license plate on it. Wonder if it belongs to an employee of the dealership.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

I noticed that as well and thought the car was in for service before they put up the price. I talked to Dave. He told me it was a customer's car and was being sold on consignment.

I don't like the dark wheels.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

I'm not a fan of the debadged sides and rear....what is back there on the trunk anyhow? Nice color car though
Levi
Old 08-25-2015, 02:13 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

I quite like the wheels on that car. Looks like the Enkei RPF 01's but in a different color to the ones on Levi's car.

With those adjustable dampers and what seems like a square setup it would probably make for a good STR autocross car.

Quick Reply: The NEW Upstate chat thread!