New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Oct 17/18 at Watkins Glen

Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oct 17/18 at Watkins Glen

I wanted to share this event with the S2K community since I know there are a few track goers in the group.
The Hudson Champlain chapter of PCA is going to the Glen this year on Oct 17 / 18. This is a two day event with VERY low registration so far (like is danger of being canceled) What the means is it's going to be very empty run groups, probably lots of track time, and not a lot of traffic. In talking with the chief instructor, they'll have an instructed group for novices (spend all your track time with an instructor sitting next to you to help you learn the line and car control) as well as advanced groups. I suspect the instructed students will get 2+ hrs/day of track time and the advanced could be 4-6 hrs/day if they combine the groups. The cost is $325 for two days + $46 to join PCA (have to be a member, it's an insurance thing) At $185 a day it's still a bargain!

While rollbars are recommended, they are not required for this event - the factory hoops will do. But the top has to be up

Anyone interested? clubregistration.net
Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

wow! that is indeed a bargain. Wish I had time to do it. Unfortuantely with this being mid-week and being busy at work, I wont be able to make this. Hopefully they get enough people to sign up so they can hold the event.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 354 Likes on 217 Posts

Very interested! Trying to figure out a way to rework my schedule.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:35 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo pup
I wanted to share this event with the S2K community since I know there are a few track goers in the group.
The Hudson Champlain chapter of PCA is going to the Glen this year on Oct 17 / 18. This is a two day event with VERY low registration so far (like is danger of being canceled) What the means is it's going to be very empty run groups, probably lots of track time, and not a lot of traffic. In talking with the chief instructor, they'll have an instructed group for novices (spend all your track time with an instructor sitting next to you to help you learn the line and car control) as well as advanced groups. I suspect the instructed students will get 2+ hrs/day of track time and the advanced could be 4-6 hrs/day if they combine the groups. The cost is $325 for two days + $46 to join PCA (have to be a member, it's an insurance thing) At $185 a day it's still a bargain!

While rollbars are recommended, they are not required for this event - the factory hoops will do. But the top has to be up

Anyone interested? clubregistration.net
I'm a former member of the PCA HCP and spent some of the happiest days of the last decades with them at the Glen in my 911.

Not a big bucks, mine is bigger than yours group but a bunch of good people wanting everybody to have a good time. Excellent instructor corps led by a good guy.

Can't make this one but now that I know thye'll take an s2k sans HT, I may be back.

If you haven't tracked yet, this is a great group to start with
Old 10-04-2012, 04:26 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

I don't know if this link will work, but the new (today) NASA on line magazine has an article on how to attack Watkins Glen:

http://www.snmagcurrent.com/publication/?i=128324&p=64
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there with my buddy who has a red s2k. From looking at the roster, doesn't look like there are any other S2k's
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

I don't think any of Upstate's more or less regular track "addicts" are going to W.G. for this particular event. I was never planning to go, but did appreciate the original post advisory.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nyuaznguy
I'll be there with my buddy who has a red s2k. From looking at the roster, doesn't look like there are any other S2k's
Awesome! It should be a great event.
Please top and say hello. I have a gray 944 turbo #210
Old 10-13-2012, 06:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wish I could have made this event but the 10.5 hour tow each way and the fact that even at the relative bargain price offered it still is a $1 1.5K proposition put me out from the get go. Blew my budget too early this season
Have fun, be safe and keep the shiny side up!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

I think we have a fellow Upstater attending. I will let him confirm though as I think he may be on the waiting list.

Quick Reply: Oct 17/18 at Watkins Glen