New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

October 1 Track Day with SCDA at NHMS

Old 08-16-2012, 06:36 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Forget about September 4th. You'll need to be at home editing all the videos from the Historic Festival. Plus working out the display details for your new Stirling Moss autographed models.

Actually, forget about me on September 4th. I'll be exhausted. Plus I'll have to go to work. Plus the price is too dear.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Has anyone participated in one of these events?

https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/774657221

Ian emailed me and said I could sign up for that. The cost for a half day session though is $345 although you get the same amount of track time compressed within that half day. Figure I could do this and then go back and work half a day
I haven't but always a little leery of LRP with all their special rules
Old 08-16-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by pgss2k
Aashish
FYI there are 2 gas stations just outside the gates of NHMS. There is also 1 right at the R.R. Inn but it is a non branded station so if it matters just drive towards the track and I use the Shell(I think) station. Egg Shell restaurant for breakfast is on the way to the track on the left at a light. Mark knows about this place. If I can come I will drive down Sun afternoon to try and meet up for some dinner Sunday night. Perhaps someone has some suggestions for Concord? I have been to Margaritas a couple of times and a place called the Red Barn/Coach/Blazer? with the Audi club for a banquet but not anywhere else.
You can also get 98 octane unleaded right at the track. $8.00 a gallon for some extra pep!

Egg shell is a good place to meet up, we usually meet at 630, have a relaxing breakfast and then get to the track in plenty of time.

+1 for Margaritas if you like tex-mex and GOOD margaritas, I'd be up for meeting there Sunday.

For me, this all hinges on how tomorrow goes. This will be my 4th track day on my star specs as well as 2 full seasons of street driving. Will have to see how they hold up.

If I can get 5 track days and 2 years out of these tires, I'll never buy another brand!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Forget about September 4th. You'll need to be at home editing all the videos from the Historic Festival. Plus working out the display details for your new Stirling Moss autographed models.

Actually, forget about me on September 4th. I'll be exhausted. Plus I'll have to go to work. Plus the price is too dear.
I thought I had the W196 in which he won his first race, but the one I have is an older Mercedes race car. There are replicas of the W196 he drove to victory (when he suspected Fangio let him win) available for sale online. Not sure if I will get one as they are quite pricey. I will likely bring the SL 300 and have him sign that

As I think of September, there are three auto X events in that month. Maybe trying to fit a track day in will be a little too much. I may do the half day in October but am still undecided.

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
I haven't but always a little leery of LRP with all their special rules
The only issues with LRP is:
A) Whether you can run with the top down
B) Whether your exhaust is too loud

For A, you can check with Ian. I think he lets S2000's in as long as people pass the broomstick test. As far as B goes, just exchange notes with Mike to see where you need to lift
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

If I can get 5 track days and 2 years out of these tires, I'll never buy another brand!

WHAT??!!! No Hankooks...ooh! the horror

I am on star specs and I find them a vast improvement over the all seasons I had earlier.

Tex-mex sounds good to me as does the breakfast joint
Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 AM

Aashish, there is a Red Roof Inn on the same road the track is (route 106), about 6 miles from the track.

The Egg Shell restaurant is about 2 miles from the track on the left, at a light in a strip mall.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:16 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Aashish, there is a Red Roof Inn on the same road the track is (route 106), about 6 miles from the track.

The Egg Shell restaurant is about 2 miles from the track on the left, at a light in a strip mall.
hey! shouldn't you be out on track. Why are you posting here?

Is the Red Roof you are referring to, the same one that SCDA lists on their website?
http://www.redroof-loudon.com/

and hey! good luck today and have fun
Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pgss2k' timestamp='1345124394' post='21941374
AashishFYI there are 2 gas stations just outside the gates of NHMS. There is also 1 right at the R.R. Inn but it is a non branded station so if it matters just drive towards the track and I use the Shell(I think) station. Egg Shell restaurant for breakfast is on the way to the track on the left at a light. Mark knows about this place. If I can come I will drive down Sun afternoon to try and meet up for some dinner Sunday night. Perhaps someone has some suggestions for Concord? I have been to Margaritas a couple of times and a place called the Red Barn/Coach/Blazer? with the Audi club for a banquet but not anywhere else.
You can also get 98 octane unleaded right at the track. $8.00 a gallon for some extra pep!Egg shell is a good place to meet up, we usually meet at 630, have a relaxing breakfast and then get to the track in plenty of time.+1 for Margaritas if you like tex-mex and GOOD margaritas, I'd be up for meeting there Sunday.For me, this all hinges on how tomorrow goes. This will be my 4th track day on my star specs as well as 2 full seasons of street driving. Will have to see how they hold up.If I can get 5 track days and 2 years out of these tires, I'll never buy another brand!
$8 for 98 may not be too bad a deal, I was paying about $6 for 94 at Mt Tremblant. No ethanol at all in CA the car loved it but it does all I need it to on the 93 from Shell, the lotto is beckoning...
Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

SCDA is also holding an Autocross school at LRP on 9/18

https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/977427211

But its cost ($345) is the same as a track day at LRP
Old 08-17-2012, 04:22 PM

Good day at NHMS, fastest lap of the first session was 1:32. By the last session all my laps were at least 1:30 with a few in the 1:20s.

Car ran great, no issues, will probably do the track day there on October 1.

Quick Reply: October 1 Track Day with SCDA at NHMS