New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

SCDA @ Lime Rock Saturday 10/27

Old 09-26-2012, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Remember a crappy day at the track is better than a good one in the office
Yes!

No problem, Jeff. I can recall times when I've just been too tired to get to the track. But then think about the long winter ahead without being able to drive your cars >_< I am not looking forward to it.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

and we are less than two weeks away from 10/27.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aashish, it's just going to be the two of us. Derek sent me a PM on Saturday to let me know he is in the middle of something preventing him from attending.

-Mike
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Thats too bad. Hopefully he'll be able to sign up for the SCDA event on Veterans Day (November 12th) or that he has received a refund.

Mike - you are in Int2 aren't you? Will they run you in a separate group from the regular Int 1 + signed off folks like me? Emailed Ian about getting an instructor to right-seat me for the first couple of laps. He said he'd try to accomodate me.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, sorry guys, I won't be making this track day or any for the rest of the season. I had a pretty crappy day at the track last time I was out that will necessitate some "buffing". I'll be back next season in some way, shape or form. I was able to get a refund for this day, so I'll use it for next year.

Have a good time and be safe!

Derek
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

^ Sorry about that Derek. Good luck getting the car all buffed up for next season

Glad, you got a refund to use towards next season.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Ooo Ooo Ooo, Perhaps I could be your instructor.

Gives me added incentive to show up. I'll mount my Go-Pro on the dash pointing back at me.

I gave corner worker rides last weekend and let two of the guys take my car around for a few laps. For the first, I did three laps to show him the line. He did pretty well I would say. My friend George was second. He did O.K., but not as well as the first guy. I have to say that I was a bit nervous, sitting behind the Petty Bar with no seat belt or helmet. George is often at the Bridge always comes in and tells me "No braking in the Downhill!" He didn't brake in the Downhill, but he braked for the Uphill - which for my car is even worse.

But what do you need an instructor for! You've walked the track! You've driven the track. You'll have nice orange cones to follow.

I can't remember exactly, but you were doing 1:30s by video at New Hampshire. Glenn says that New Hampshire is about 20 seconds slower than Lime Rock. So I'm expecting you to be doing laps of 1:15 to 1:17 before the end of the day. Of course, if I was there driving, I'd be shooting for laps in the 1:24 range.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Jeff - do bring your helmet and I will talk to Ian to see if I can take you out with me. Never hurts to have a perspective. Considering I have not driven LRP since early spring, I just wanted an instructor in the car to tell me if I was hitting the right marks. If not I'll follow Mike for a few laps until he leaves me behind
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Watch my videos and then you can tell me if I'm hitting my marks.

At the school, I'm going to try turning in at the bridge for Big Bend. And I really need to learn to do Turn 3 without oversteer. I've been going low, hitting an very early apex and using the curbing to help turn the car.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Mike - you are in Int2 aren't you? Will they run you in a separate group from the regular Int 1 + signed off folks like me? Emailed Ian about getting an instructor to right-seat me for the first couple of laps. He said he'd try to accomodate me.
I am in INT2, correct. Last SCDA event INT1 & 2 were split. This is an afternoon only, so I'm not sure if there will be any combining of groups.

On a side note, I just picked up a GoPro HERO2 Motorsports last night, couple that with my friends and I should be double shooting. I will be shooting from inside the car, the splitter, and hoping to mount it to the wing and get a view up over the car!

-Mike

Quick Reply: SCDA @ Lime Rock Saturday 10/27