New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Season is ending - What plans do you have?

Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

i usually get mine away right around thanksgiving, but then again the last two year we haven't got any snow until then. the car is always inside so it's pretty easy to just decide it's time and put it on jack stands and change the oil and throw the cover over it.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Mine needs a serious detail to get rid of this season's cone marks. Then it will be a full fluid change. Sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving it will go away for hibernation. I thought about having the front bumper repainted, but will wait another year. No more mods. I like the subtle changes I've done to this point and need to save pennies for the baby NSX.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What season???
Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Testut
What season???
Geurdat, proponent of driving through the winters on the "nice" days, just replaced both rear quarters on his.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Mine needs a serious detail to get rid of this season's "cone marks".
Getting rid of yourself
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by A 2
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1349449137' post='22061259
Mine needs a serious detail to get rid of this season's "cone marks".
Getting rid of yourself
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine needs a serious detail to get rid of this season's cone marks. Then it will be a full fluid change. Sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving it will go away for hibernation. I thought about having the front bumper repainted, but will wait another year. No more mods. I like the subtle changes I've done to this point and need to save pennies for the baby NSX.
Mark, one of my offseason tasks is to replace all suspension bushings.

But after talking to a couple of people, they don't feel it's necessary on a car with 52k miles that is 8 years old.

I have done about 8 track days on the car in that span in addition to normal summer driving.

I'm also hearing that its a lot of labor cost to do that.

In your opinion (or anyone else that cares to comment) do I need to do this? Other than the track days, one other reason I have considered
doing it is that the car "creaks" when it is sitting and it's moved a little bit. Figured that was the bushings starting to go bad/dry out.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1349449137' post='22061259
Mark, one of my offseason tasks is to replace all suspension bushings.

But after talking to a couple of people, they don't feel it's necessary on a car with 52k miles that is 8 years old.

I have done about 8 track days on the car in that span in addition to normal summer driving.

I'm also hearing that its a lot of labor cost to do that.

In your opinion (or anyone else that cares to comment) do I need to do this? Other than the track days, one other reason I have considered
doing it is that the car "creaks" when it is sitting and it's moved a little bit. Figured that was the bushings starting to go bad/dry out.
I would not expect that they need to be done yet. I have not changed any of mine after 9 years of autocross. I had my shocks out at the beginning of the season and didn't see any issues. I also had the car aligned earlier this year by a race prep shop and they would have said something if the bushings were an issue. As long as it will hold an alignment, and nothing is clunking or banging, I wouldn't be too quick to replace them.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:28 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Great, thanks for the insight Mark!

Any idea why I'm hearing that creaking sound when the car is parked? Anyone else hearing that?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Testut' timestamp='1349454121' post='22061466
What season???
Geurdat, proponent of driving through the winters on the "nice" days, just replaced both rear quarters on his.
How is Mr. Fiat?? I haven't heard from Jeff in quite a while.

Quick Reply: Season is ending - What plans do you have?