New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Shiv's TT Journey

Old 03-13-2017, 04:38 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
It's too bad I can't see photos anymore on this site.
Next time you are coming up this way bring your laptop. I'll try to see why you can't see the pictures. Everyone else seems to be able to see them.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol I'll take a drippy oil pan over another toasted engine any day. On a side note, any idea how often I'll be needing to add oil?

Ooh I may have to steal that sticker lol. Definitely agree on the hardtop. Although I don't currently have the points for it, I would LOVEEEE the Spoon hardtop.

Totally agree on the louvres, they definitely feel like solid pieces. Are you planning on doing anything for rain situations? I have some extra alumalite and was considering making some kinda cover for when conditions get rainy and the car is parked.

I'm actually going to be ordering the same hitch setup that Billman used. Love the fact that you can pop the 3 pins easily and remove the whole hitch when on track. And I'll be using the northern trailer as well. It doesn't come totally finished, so I plan to bolt on a piece of plywood and then attach a toolbox, and some sort of retention system for the tires as well. I will be sure to document the whole process.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Oh.

Now I can see pictures. But the keyboard can't keep up with my typing.

What exactly is the Billman hitch that you're ordering? Is it the same one for which I posted the link? I thought it was a great set-up.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:41 PM

Just checked your link, and it is indeed the same one. Bill said its also super solid when you're driving along and never had any issues with it.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=shiv;24169659]Lol I'll take a drippy oil pan over another toasted engine any day. On a side note, any idea how often I'll be needing to add oil?
I check oil constantly. Mine is erratic at best. No consumption for 3/4 sessions then 1/4 to 1/2 qt outta nowhere
Old 03-14-2017, 04:08 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by shiv
Totally agree on the louvres, they definitely feel like solid pieces. Are you planning on doing anything for rain situations? The kit car won't be seeing rain if I can help it. No top or doors.

I'm actually going to be ordering the same hitch setup that Billman used. Love the fact that you can pop the 3 pins easily and remove the whole hitch when on track. And I'll be using the northern trailer as well. It doesn't come totally finished, so I plan to bolt on a piece of plywood and then attach a toolbox, and some sort of retention system for the tires as well. I will be sure to document the whole process. Chase Race hitch? I had the Small Fortune Racing hitch. Worked well, but I would go Chase Race if I did it again. I welded uprights on either side of my trailer and ran a pipe through the wheels. Very secure. I'll try and find a picture.
Found it...

Old 03-14-2017, 08:31 AM

Much appreciate the photo. I like how you made the wheel bar lockable. I'll have to try to incorporate a locking system somehow. Did you use the HF trailer for the base or the Northern Tools one?
Old 03-14-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by shiv
Much appreciate the photo. I like how you made the wheel bar lockable. I'll have to try to incorporate a locking system somehow. Did you use the HF trailer for the base or the Northern Tools one?
This was a heavy duty HF steel trailer. Came with a diamond plate top.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:26 PM

Despite the less than ideal weather conditions we are experiencing today, I received the final shipment to finish up the car.

I picked up the Schroth Profi HANS for the driver side, and the Clubman's for the passenger. Both will be wrapped around the lowered harness bar, and the remaining straps are all snap style.

Probably not expected, but I also picked up a fire extinguisher. Hopefully I never have to use this thing, but in the event that I do it will salvage whatever possible on the car rather than having a total loss.

To complement the SOS clutch, I went with the act 8lb flywheel.

And finally, one of my favorite pieces thus far. These are M&M Honda Racing universal canards. As they are universal, I anticipate they will need some modification to fit the AP1 bumper. The reason I went with these is that I really couldn't find any solid canards for the AP1 bumper, and I can't switch to an AP2 bumper without incurring a penalty. These things are also a lot larger than I thought they would be, so hopefully that means a whole lotta downforce.

Now that I have a mountain of boxes sitting in my living room, time to put it all on! So go away cold weather.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Good stuff !

Quick Reply: Shiv's TT Journey