New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Suggestions on What soft top to Buy?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lolls
Originally Posted by seminolejoeusa' timestamp='1342481280' post='21864951
[quote name='BM612' timestamp='1342479669' post='21864886']
I know there were a couple people in the finger lakes area looking to get a top done maybe you can get a hold of lazy_2k and get a group install done.
THAT WOULD BE GREAT..THX JOE
Yeah, I'm with Brian... B did a terrific job with the install. You won't go wrong with a Robbins soft top...Brian got the new top with the glass window and no defroster....that's what you should get..
[/quote]

Definitely going with glass and possible the defroster...What material did you go with??? Thx Joe
Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by seminolejoeusa
Originally Posted by lolls' timestamp='1342488805' post='21865182
[quote name='seminolejoeusa' timestamp='1342481280' post='21864951']
I know there were a couple people in the finger lakes area looking to get a top done maybe you can get a hold of lazy_2k and get a group install done.
Yeah, I'm with Brian... B did a terrific job with the install. You won't go wrong with a Robbins soft top...Brian got the new top with the glass window and no defroster....that's what you should get..
[/quote]

Definitely going with glass and possible the defroster...What material did you go with??? Thx Joe
[/quote]

Robbins stay fast. There is a photo of the top in the link that was posted earlier in the thread. Great top.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM

Here are some photos of my top.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seminolejoeusa
Originally Posted by lolls' timestamp='1342488805' post='21865182
[quote name='seminolejoeusa' timestamp='1342481280' post='21864951']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly go with the glass, but if you don't have the defroster it's not worth it to wire it in and get a switch. You won't need it... The cabin of the car is small enough that it would heat up quick and melt any snow on that back window in the event you were even in snow. Our tops are like a cloth material now... Very durable and nice looking to.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:09 PM

Contacted Soft top guy and he is coming back to NY if anyone is interested in getting a new top installed
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I was in on the group install that softopguy did near Newburgh, NY. I paid for the top in advance, as I believe everyone else did. Showed up to have it installed and B said that he did not have our top. He either ordered it wrong or that Robbins shipped the wrong top. He assured me that he would be back soon to install my top. It has been over 6 months and still no top. He is not returning emails, texts, phone calls, PMs. I just want my money back. A number of people on the Carolina's forums are out money for tops and he is ignoring them. Some people that he did installs for have warranty issues and he is also ignoring them. I spoke with the owner of Robbins Auto top and he is aware of the problems with billy. Billy is not an authorized installer, despite what one of his posts says. He also owes the top distributor money, so I doubt that he will be getting any tops at a good price anymore.

Do not give this guy any money up front for a top (or anything else for that matter) and don't depend on any warranty coverage for any installations.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

God I hate these scammers.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:24 AM

My son has done a number of top replacements and may be able to help. He lives in south jersey now but comes to the albany area often. PM 2poor2mod to contact him. He may be able to make suggestions and has done quite a few replacements
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2000sccaracer
I was in on the group install that softopguy did near Newburgh, NY. I paid for the top in advance, as I believe everyone else did. Showed up to have it installed and B said that he did not have our top. He either ordered it wrong or that Robbins shipped the wrong top. He assured me that he would be back soon to install my top. It has been over 6 months and still no top. He is not returning emails, texts, phone calls, PMs. I just want my money back. A number of people on the Carolina's forums are out money for tops and he is ignoring them. Some people that he did installs for have warranty issues and he is also ignoring them. I spoke with the owner of Robbins Auto top and he is aware of the problems with billy. Billy is not an authorized installer, despite what one of his posts says. He also owes the top distributor money, so I doubt that he will be getting any tops at a good price anymore.

Do not give this guy any money up front for a top (or anything else for that matter) and don't depend on any warranty coverage for any installations.

I think I remember you. We did them at my place. Did you contact PayPal? I hope you paid him by via Paypal. Sorry to hear this. Hope you get your money back.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

contact billman250! he just did mine .. dropped it off in the mornin and picked it up the next night.. great price. hes the only one for the job. he will take care of all the tabs that make the tears in the oem top...and i would go with oem top for replacement...i got the oem blue on my sazuka looks sick.. the blue looks good on other colors too.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on What soft top to Buy?