New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Take Twist run to Brothers 2

Old 11-05-2004, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take Twist run to Brothers 2

Skip,
Remember to take Twist Run Road this year if your going to Brothers 2 on Saturday. Its a short cut from Ithaca and it has amazing twists and elevation changes. From Ithaca take Rt. 79e to rt.38s to 38b east to rt. 26s Then first left and go half mile take left on to Twist Run Road it becomes Taft ave. at top of hill. Follow Taft thru light till it ends and take a left Brothers 2 will be 5 blocks on left. See you Sat. at STNY SCCA meeting at Brothers 2 at two pm.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:30 AM

Nick,

Thanks for the instructions. I haven't been on Twist Run Road in about 10 years. What a blast! Unfortunately, the Glen Region has scheduled a meeting at the same time, so I won't be able to make it to the Southern NY banquet this year. Let me congratulate you, now, and please have an extra slice of pizza on me
Old 11-05-2004, 10:10 AM

Glen is having meeting at same time? PM me regarding advise on FLR otr points events. Planning on bring the single malt scotch and a few cigars. I'll keep yours well humidified.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:18 AM

Skip & Eric,
Congratulations on taking 1st & 2nd in the B Stock class. Have a adult beverage for me at Glen region awards meeting.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nickfromny,Nov 5 2004, 02:10 PM
Planning on bring the single malt scotch and a few cigars. I'll keep yours well humidified.
If I didn't like you before, Nick, I sure like you now.

The Glen Region has included an FLR event on their "Out of Region Points Events" for at least the last 10 years, so I know they're likely to do it again. I will keep you posted on what they decide.

Maybe we should see about getting the "Solo Faithful" together for a party sometime this winter? After all, there's a group of us who routinely show up for both Glen and SNY events all summer. It might be worth a consideration. Ask George and the others about it, tomorrow, will you?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 AM

Solo faithful! All at meeting became officers of STNYSCCA going forward. The paperwork is allready flying. Geo. has retired or so he thinks!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nickfromny,Nov 8 2004, 12:11 PM
Geo. has retired or so he thinks!
Nick,

That's great news. George has done so much for the Southern NY group, he deserves to step down for a well deserved break. So, are you the new RE?!
Old 11-09-2004, 04:51 AM

This new RE did not see the train comming. I'll need all the help I can get. Got any sites that we might be able to use next year? Are you new Glen RE? Thinking my golf clubs are going into storage.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:25 AM

Nick,

You've got your job cut out for you. I'm not the Glen Region RE. I made it as far as the Assistant RE's position several years ago, then quit while I was still ahead I'm just content to be on the Board.

One of SNYR's many problems is site procurement. I guess the trick is to find out where your members are (map and pins ), then try to find something central to them. I would think that a Broome County site would be the most central location for SNYR members, but who knows. Keep an eye out while driving around the area and maybe you'll spot an old parking lot or something, George and Adam overlooked. One thing, I heard rumors that the old River Valley Speedway in Greene may be an autoX possibility, once again. Of course, that's just a rumor, but a short trip up route 12 might be worth your while.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone say single malt?

This is my favorite!

I buy my father a bottle of the 30 every 2 to 4 years, the benefits of being in your 80s.
The last time was for his B-day last year, price was ~$250, I priced out the 40 at that time and it was almost $500 if I remember right.

And yes, my liqueur cabinet only has a 12...

Quick Reply: Take Twist run to Brothers 2