New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Track Days - 2013

Old 12-07-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look forward to joining you guys at a couple events this year! Should have my car prepared in a couple months and ready to go!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

That would be awesome Mike! I'd like to do a 2 day event at WGI in the spring and 1 or 2 dates at NHMS.

Have to wait for the SCDA calendar.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 AM

Well you got a roomate if you need it just let me know! Hoping to make as many events as I have time and money for.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:05 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Very nice. The more the merrier. Also hoping to get to meet Paul next season at one of the events.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can count on me for all LRP events. Anything outside of that will be on a time and funds availability schedule.

-Mike
Old 12-09-2012, 06:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Today I was jonesing for some track time. Watched this vid from last summer at Mt T. Greg G and I were there and pretty equal on overall lap pace this day. We were fast in different places though. I was envious of his 4.44 gearing getting out of the corners, a couple of times it baited me in to overcooking my entry int the slower corners trying to keep the pace. I suspect he was wishing for the taller stock gearing in the fast sections though!
Greg's videos are always entertaining, I love the way he talks/comments throughout! Had some coaching/instruction that refined/improved my line/consistency throughout the weekend. Unfortunately Greg had a mechanical at the end of this the first day and had to go home. There is one more vid from another session I can post a link to if you are interested.
Caution about 20 minutes so watch when you have time. Lets all get out next season!
http://youtu.be/7GAj2yZPhkA
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Aashish, I think only open for race and time trials, not HPDE.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90

Aashish, I think only open for race and time trials, not HPDE.
Looks like all the linked events are open to sign up for. Perhaps LRP not a definite place on the schedule yet?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by pgss2k
Today I was jonesing for some track time. Watched this vid from last summer at Mt T. Greg G and I were there and pretty equal on overall lap pace this day. We were fast in different places though. I was envious of his 4.44 gearing getting out of the corners, a couple of times it baited me in to overcooking my entry int the slower corners trying to keep the pace. I suspect he was wishing for the taller stock gearing in the fast sections though!
Greg's videos are always entertaining, I love the way he talks/comments throughout! Had some coaching/instruction that refined/improved my line/consistency throughout the weekend. Unfortunately Greg had a mechanical at the end of this the first day and had to go home. There is one more vid from another session I can post a link to if you are interested.
Caution about 20 minutes so watch when you have time. Lets all get out next season!
http://youtu.be/7GAj2yZPhkA
That looks like a pretty nice track. No one on it either. You guys had a perfect day! About 8 hours from Connecticut, 6 hours from Albany, but only 4 hours from Camp 6 in Elizabethtown. Makes it do-able.

This morning, I came across the Victory Lane article about last year's Gold Cup. They had me running a 2:51.6 lap in the final race. Although I finished "First in Class", I was runnng almost dead last - and I certainly didn't think I was going that fast.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:16 PM

Are aftermarket hardtops allowed with the groups you guys usually run with it? The prices on OEMs one are getting crazy, and I don't want to use the one on my regular S. I'm still trying to locate a good deal on an OEM one but if not I will most likely be getting a replica one if they are allowed. Soft top is gutted and I will be installing a Harddog bar.

Quick Reply: Track Days - 2013