S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/)
-   -   Track Days 2018 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york-upstate-new-york-s2000-owners-67/track-days-2018-a-1181309/)

blueosprey90 01-25-2018 03:29 PM

Track Days 2018

Schedules to follow, so please return to this post #1 often as I try to get them up.

Sports Car Driving Association https://www.scda1.com/

March 31 - Saturday - Lime Rock (afternoon - solo drivers only)
April 7 - Saturday - Palmer
April 23 - Monday - Lime Rock (track day and car control clinic options)
April 30 - May 1 Monday, Tuesday - Watkins Glen
May 12 - Saturday - Thompson
May 21-22 - Monday, Tuesday - Lime Rock (track day and car control clinic options)
June 1 Friday - Palmer (clockwise)
June 18-19 - Monday, Tuesday - VIR
June 27-28 - Wednesday, Thursday - Lime Rock (track day and car control clinic options)
July 9 - Monday - Thompson
July 16-17 - Monday Tuesday - Watkins Glen (S2000 discount)
July 23 - Monday - Lime Rock
August 6th - Monday - New Hampshire Motor Speedway
August 18 - Saturday- Palmer
August 25 - Saturday - Thompson
August 27 - Monday - Lime Rock (track day and car control clinic options)
September 10-11 - Monday, Tuesday New Jersey Motorsports Lightning & Thunderbolt
September 18 - Tuesday - Lime Rock (afternoon - solo drivers only - unmuffled) (track day and car control clinic options)
October 1 - Monday - Thompson
October 8 - Tuesday - Lime Rock (track day and car control clinic options)
October 16 - Tuesday - Palmer (clockwise)
October 26-27 - Friday, Saturday - Lime Rock (half days) (track day and car control clinic options)
November 10 - Saturday - Lime Rock (track day and car control clinic options)

SCDA also plans to run at Club Motorsports but dates not determined.

Greg's runoff race at Indy, 2017.

Everyone who has the opportunity to get out on the track should do so. Here, nofearofdanger attempts to tell you why...

As someone who has always driven in a spirited manner on the twisties, my local track (by local, I mean 2 and a half hours away) was having an open day. Anybody in any car could attend, so long as it was in good shape. After repeated accounts on how good it is to get out, I took the plunge. I'll tell you now, no matter how hard you drive through mountain roads, this is a completely different experience all together. You approach it with a different attitude. There's no pressing thought in the back of your mind of flashing police lights dancing on the mirror behind you because you've exceeded the posted speed limit. No apprehension, no nervousness of the prospect of highway patrol waiting in the median or on the side of the road with his laser gun out, ready to impound your car and break your wallet.

That being said, it's not just the driving, it's everything else that comes along with it. Going up with a group of your friends who all share the same love for motorsport and cars. The new friends you make up there. The sound of cars with tuned exhausts and intakes screaming down the main straight. The smell of burnt petrol, meandering through the air and tickling the nose with a sense of great familiarity. The sight of cars attacking corners like there's no tomorrow. It really is, like nothing else out there. The laughter, the foolishness the enthusiasm, the passion. It all comes together to give you an unexplainable feeling. The warm fuzzy feeling at the back of your pants that James May so often mentions. It's a petrol-head's sensory delight. How I envy those who are fortunate and talented enough to work professionally within the industry. For those of us who are hardcore enough, it would be utopia.

6000, 7000, 8000, 9000rpm into third, VTEC singing like an angry demon, brake hard, the nose of the car dips as the mass transfers onto the front axle and my neck resists against the longitudinal g-forces. Enter the corner, look for the apex. Turn hard. Clip it. Lateral g-forces generated by my Direzzas push and pull on my entire body. Slowly ease on the gas as corner exit, then wide open as the car is pointing forwards. An assault on your physical and mental stamina, but in the most glorious of ways. When you're on the track, nothing else matters. You don't have to clock an amazing time. You don't have to be modified. You can be a professional or a first timer. All of life's problems seem to wither away into nothingness. The magic occurs when everything amalgamates together into something beyond physical or mental experience. The track allows the car and driver to unite into one, more than you could on the street. It allows you to push that crucial 10% harder. It is worlds apart from street driving. It stirs the soul, deeply, just like Soichiro intended. At the end of the day, you have little to show for what you have just experienced. You're tired as hell, your tires are cooked, your brakes are worn, and countless litres of petrol have been burned but nothing in the world can wipe that smile off your face.

blueosprey90 01-25-2018 03:30 PM

Reserved

A 2 01-25-2018 03:45 PM

Here is a link to the prior track days thread - https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york...track-1166836/

Jeff - when you get a chance can you include that in your original post?

Oneloveknk 01-25-2018 06:05 PM

Thanks for the vid

shiv 01-25-2018 06:46 PM

Yeah 2018! This will be the year that I have a reliable track car.....:vdrunk:

A 2 01-26-2018 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by shiv (Post 24411773)
Yeah 2018! This will be the year that I have a reliable track car.....:vdrunk:

your track car has always been reliable. You just need to drive it about 10 seconds slower like me :p

A 2 01-29-2018 08:23 AM

Reached out to Elivan and we have a discount yet again for the year. 10% off for day 1 and $50 off for 2 days.

I’ll start a thread in a day or two. In the interim, if anyone wants to register, please let me know.

NoDelta 01-30-2018 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by A 2 (Post 24413033)
Reached out to Elivan and we have a discount yet again for the year. 10% off for day 1 and $50 off for 2 days.
I’ll start a thread in a day or two. In the interim, if anyone wants to register, please let me know.

Is that for Watkins? I`ve been thinking about making the trip again this year.

A 2 01-30-2018 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by NoDelta (Post 24413373)
Is that for Watkins? I`ve been thinking about making the trip again this year.

Yes. That is for Watkins. Hopefully we have a bigger turnout than last year.

s200059 02-10-2018 03:44 PM

I will just leave this here for any newbies.

https://jalopnik.com/ten-ways-to-be-...ole-1717826699