New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Track Days 2019 - Time Trials too

Old 05-13-2019, 08:10 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

What impact the Apex Pro? Can you evaluate the data?
Old 05-13-2019, 08:27 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
What impact the Apex Pro? Can you evaluate the data?
So I forgot to hand Seamus my phone. So I don’t have his data. In my case, the Apex score went higher and higher and I was at 80% and close in the last session. According to Andrew Rains that is a good score. I’ll have to do some more analysis.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:40 AM

Perhaps you need to move the data to that track attack program. There is a free version.

With the Aim Solo data, I'm able to see "Oh, I can enter West Bend at 65 mph" on my best segment. That way I know not to enter at 63, but to try for 67 mph entry speed. With the right kahunas, you can slowly increase your speeds. But I've also now found that tire pressure is important. So you need to find the perfect tire temp and pressure when you need it most - presumably lap 3 ?? Probably bleed off pressure before each run, although maybe you already do that.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:23 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

So for two of the three sessions I was going somewhat fast, I had a passenger. That’s probably worth a second there.

In that third session where I did 6 laps with traffic my fastest was a 1:33.

Yes ill I’ll have to look into the track attack program. Also do the other stuff. Wider wheels in the front and full hard on the rear dampers.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:20 PM

Yes I’ll have to look into the track attack program. Also do the other stuff. Wider wheels in the front and full hard on the rear dampers.
Why don't you just go faster. I remember when I ran a 1:18 at Lime Rock and thought I had wrung everything out of the car that I could. You said I could do a lot better and that I should just go faster.

Of course, you can also tell from my signature that I simply don't go fast enough.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:32 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Why don't you just go faster. I remember when I ran a 1:18 at Lime Rock and thought I had wrung everything out of the car that I could. You said I could do a lot better and that I should just go faster.

Of course, you can also tell from my signature that I simply don't go fast enough.
Indeed that’s exactly what I need to do

The car is where it is. At full boil I’m sure a better driver (say Mr. Seamus) could probably get it below 1:30. I’ll work on it. It was warmer in the afternoon too and the car tends to do better in cooler temps and then there was Shiv’s nemesis

see I’m already making excuses so I’m halfway there
Old 05-13-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great report Aashish. I see that my absence hasn't changed the driving behavior or my nemesis. But I am pumped to see you competing with the Si. Have you given any thought to adding harnesses and possibly a seat? If you got the snap in style harnesses you could easily throw them in when you are going to track, and have them out the rest of the time. But looking forward to the video!

As the car currently sits, how does it handle at the limit? Does it understeer or is it more neutral. Also correct me if I am wrong, but the Si has a stock limited slip diff right?

I can't even begin to describe how much withdrawal I'm going through not being on track or even being able to drive the s2k. I'm really hoping I'll be able to make it up to a northeast event sometime this year. Keep hammering gents!
Old 05-14-2019, 03:03 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Session 1 from Thompson. James Ray was riding along

Session 3 - where I only did 6 laps

Session 4 - Seamus riding along
Old 05-14-2019, 06:57 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by shiv
Great report Aashish. I see that my absence hasn't changed the driving behavior or my nemesis. But I am pumped to see you competing with the Si. Have you given any thought to adding harnesses and possibly a seat? If you got the snap in style harnesses you could easily throw them in when you are going to track, and have them out the rest of the time. But looking forward to the video!

As the car currently sits, how does it handle at the limit? Does it understeer or is it more neutral. Also correct me if I am wrong, but the Si has a stock limited slip diff right?

I can't even begin to describe how much withdrawal I'm going through not being on track or even being able to drive the s2k. I'm really hoping I'll be able to make it up to a northeast event sometime this year. Keep hammering gents!
Not sure how safe those snap in harnesses are. I’m actually thinking maybe an auto power roll bar and seats for next season.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:59 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

And yes the Si has a factory limited slip diff. At the limit, the car felt planted but any attempt to roll more speed and understeer is experienced.

Come up to Thompson for the July Time Trials. I think you’ll easily walk away with fastest time

Quick Reply: Track Days 2019 - Time Trials too