New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat 2019 - 2020

Old 01-04-2019, 07:57 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Happy birthday Jeff.
Levi
Old 01-05-2019, 08:32 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Another Bugatti

Track near Pas de la Casa, Andorra
Finally home with a proper computer.
The cars are from Museu Nacional de l*Automóbil in Encamp, Andorra. Nice place but the cars seemed a bit crowded for viewing properly. If you go to Florida stop in at the REVS in Naples You need a reservation so check online if you can go. The REVS is an experience that shouldn't be missed by any car enthusiast.
The track near Pas de la Casa had a GT experience on snow offered but there hadn't been enough snow to prep the track. 199€ for instruction and drive in Ferrari, just one of the cars offered.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:00 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
Levi
Old 01-07-2019, 08:40 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice pictures Rich.

I especially love the racetrack nestled amongst the mountains. I think part of why museums abroad are crowded is the availability of land. We have plenty of it stateside and can build spacious museums. I was looking at the Bruce McLaren museum and heritage center in New Zealand and was amazed that it seemed to be the size of the International Motor Racing Research museum in Watkins Glen, a tiny location contrary to what its name would imply.

Havent been to the REVs, but have visited Barber Motorsports Park and the BMW Zentrum in South Carolina in addition to Hemmings and Saratoga auto museum. Those are indeed much larger.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:08 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Nice pictures Rich.

I especially love the racetrack nestled amongst the mountains. I think part of why museums abroad are crowded is the availability of land. We have plenty of it stateside and can build spacious museums. I was looking at the Bruce McLaren museum and heritage center in New Zealand and was amazed that it seemed to be the size of the International Motor Racing Research museum in Watkins Glen, a tiny location contrary to what its name would imply.

Havent been to the REVs, but have visited Barber Motorsports Park and the BMW Zentrum in South Carolina in addition to Hemmings and Saratoga auto museum. Those are indeed much larger.
Just a taste of the REVS
https://revsinstitute.org

Trying to upload pictures from the REVS but no luck
Solved, made them half size.
You don't see people in the pix because they limit the number of people at one time.,you get a time to come in when you make your reservation. Nothing around the cars, all they ask is you don't touch. This is just a tease. There are SO many cars and they drive them.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:12 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

I do like the photos Richie has posted. Much more vintage than the VSSCCA vintage cars now on display at the Saratoga Auto Museum.

On Sunday, my wife and I went up to north for a viewing of baby Antara, born to Aashish & JJ about 9 months ago. A lot of cooing and smiling and we were also treated to a musical rendition of one of the baby's car books by A2. (The kid's going to grow up to hate music! I saw he trying to put her hands up to cover her ears as soon as he opened his mouth!)

Lisa (Greg's wife) made a cool Christmas stocking - excellent embroidery - for Antara. Apparently Santa now has a Laguna Blue S2000 as depicted on the stocking. But it must be a roller that he got from the auctions, because he still needed the 8 reindeer to pull it. For next year, she might use the back side to embroider Jake and Semir (wearing "the Shirt", of course) putting in a new engine for Santa.

On the way home we hit a deer - I'd say a hard impact and I thought we would have to call the police to put it down as it tried to get up. But get up it did, and ran off into the woods. Of course, besides injury to the deer, I was also worried about the damage to the car and checked it out. In the dusk at the side of the road, I didn't see any real damage. But next day, I noticed that the right corner of the bumper was dented (I can probably push it out if I can get access, although the paint is cracked.) And later I noticed that the sturdy plastic headlight frame was broken in several places, so the head light wobbles. Of course, it could have been much worse. That was my first deer strike after 55 years of driving. Wasn't much I could do as the deer jumped out right in front of us; and I think I was already hard on the brakes in the nanosecond before impact. Still, I felt bad for the deer.

**The kid's going to grow up to hate music! Just kidding. A2 has a pretty good voice and can carry a tune.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

^

Mikey (NoDelta) sent Antara a book about animals that trash talk as they’re racing each other with the turtle in a rainbow colored car that looks like an LMP2 race car taking the checkered. It’s turned out to be her favorite book and she likes reading it every day.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:08 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

A nice story about one of the newer and younger members of the VSCCA

https://www.velocetoday.com/the-saga...uCoIHjYMfRbPHs
Old 01-08-2019, 09:35 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
A nice story about one of the newer and younger members of the VSCCA

https://www.velocetoday.com/the-saga...uCoIHjYMfRbPHs
That’s a cool story.

Reminds me of my grandfathers Triumph saloon. He gave it to a nephew and as a 6 or 7 year old I was as livid as can be. I loved that car and riding to school in it. I’d like to crawl underneath it and pretend I was helping wrench on it.

When he passed, my uncle offered to return the car and my parents in their infinite wisdom said no. The car is still around and when I visit home, I make it a point to go see it at my uncles house. Last time I visited, the car wasn’t there. I was a bit crest fallen assuming it’d been sold. My uncle told me it had been sent to a work shop for some renovation and expected back a few days after I’d leave there. Hoping to see it again when I visit. Not sure I’ve the financial wherewithal to ask to buy the car and have it shipped here. I’m hoping that as and when it leaves the family, it goes to someone that’ll care for it.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Throwing out there that the REVS institute is only about 45 min to 1 hr south of me. It has been on my radar for a couple of years but apparently I need something/someone to give me the push I need. Come on down! Be happy to take the time with guests
Jeff congrats! I hit deer all over NE and N Cali. Never got any supper either!
Glad to hear it was relatively minor and all are ok.
I'm wondering about the page for red in the book, what's the procedure?