New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII

Old 04-22-2018, 06:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the purchase car looks mint. I bought an Evo VIII years ago from a guy in Virginia Beach flew down and drove it back. Still remember that drive especially through the mountains. Was a gorgeous day today couldn’t help but take the car out even ran into a friend. New clutch needs more miles on it hope to putter it around some more tomorrow.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:45 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Congratulations Ryan. Happy to hear you had a great trip home.
The following users liked this post:
OhSnapItsRJ (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 04:12 AM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by OhSnapItsRJ
I stopped by Best Buy and picked up an Alpine receiver, and installed it (and a Modifry DCI) in the parking lot. That was an easy, 10 minute job, thanks to the Modifry harness.
I may have to have you look at my install sometime. I have the modifry DCI, and I've never been able to get it to work with the existing audio controls on the left of the dash. I've never been able to figure out what went wrong, and I've done more car audio installs than I'd care to admit.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:44 AM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 04-23-2018, 05:13 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Cone Mark - you watch this?

https://jalopnik.com/overcoming-the-...tin-1825451984

should have watched this. Instead I recorded the washout Indycar race from Barber. They plan to let that race run to completion today at noon.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
I may have to have you look at my install sometime. I have the modifry DCI, and I've never been able to get it to work with the existing audio controls on the left of the dash. I've never been able to figure out what went wrong, and I've done more car audio installs than I'd care to admit.
Funny enough, I had some problems with mine as well. It worked great when I first installed it, but a couple hours into the trip, it started working sporadically. And then stopped working entirely. When I got home, I checked the connections to the DCI and everything seemed fine. So then I pulled the head unit again, and realized that the remote port on the head unit itself is quite loose. So the 3.5mm cable that goes between the DCI and the head unit had worked its way out. I put everything back together a little more gently this time, and it's working fine now. Hopefully it stays in. If not, I'm going to have to figure out a better way to keep that plug from coming out. So I'd recommend checking to see if maybe your cable worked its way out during installation, too.

Also, check your dip switches on the DCI itself. For my Alpine unit, I think I had to turn all 4 of the switches on. Not sure what brand you're using, but you can check your settings here:
http://www.modifry.com/more/docs/JACK-Wired-DCI.pdf

I also used the Modifry harness, so I didn't have to do any cutting or splicing. It was all plug-and-play, which made my life a lot easier! But if you didn't use the harness, maybe you should check your splices, as well. If it's none of those things, perhaps you got a bad DCI unit. Good luck, either way! It's pretty handy, when it works right.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmith

Congrats on the purchase car looks mint. I bought an Evo VIII years ago from a guy in Virginia Beach flew down and drove it back. Still remember that drive especially through the mountains. Was a gorgeous day today couldn’t help but take the car out even ran into a friend. New clutch needs more miles on it hope to putter it around some more tomorrow.

Yeah, that drive was one I'll probably remember for a long time! I really enjoyed the opportunity to get to know the car over those 5-600 miles. Usually that kind of distance feels like a chore to me, but this time, it was a pleasure.

And nice cars in that pic! Which one's yours?
Old 04-23-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

​​​​The red one is mine I don’t believe the owner of the white car is on s2ki.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmith
​​​​The red one is mine I don’t believe the owner of the white car is on s2ki.
Wow... I actually just saw the white one on the 198, on my way home from work today. Buffalo sure feels small sometimes... Too funny!
Old 04-24-2018, 02:29 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

My car isn't even close to getting out of storage. First, I need to finish up on the MGA, then put it on the trailer in order to make room in the garage for the S.

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII