New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Used '01 S2 Spa at Holtz

Old 04-02-2002, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stopped at Holtz Porsche last night and here is the story on the used '01 S2000 Spa on the used lot. The car is very clean; the way it sits is the way it was picked up from the owner. The owner lives on Long Island and yes he did trade in an NSX with less than 300 miles on it.
The S2000 has 6,000 miles on it, OEM front spoiler and some type of premium sound system, which was all I saw, otherwise think stock and very clean.
If you are interested or know someone who is contact Jamie Brandel in the Porsche Dealership. When I asked what he would let it go for, he said it had to be in $30k range, he has said no to offers at $29.5k.

This ain't no endorsement so don't be reading more into it.
I'm just reporting the facts!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be very surprised if they got 30k for it. Holtz Honda right next door has 2 new 2001's still on the lot, a Spa that has a lot of accessories on it for 31,495 and a red/black with over 500 miles with a few accessories that they will have to sell for less than the Spa. I think they're dreaming/fishing on the used one.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:08 AM

Hi, Dave - long time no speak.

Here I am, just minding my own business, getting a sandwich for my lunchtime conference call (why do California people think that's an ok thing to do?) and there's another yellow S2K sitting there. Turns out that it's good ol' Dave, just out cruising (must be nice). Had a nice chat in the sleet that had just started.

We all gonna make it to the first autocross, April 21 at RIT? You Southern Tier folks get a little slack here but...
Old 04-02-2002, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by Daveg27
I'd be very surprised if they got 30k for it. Holtz Honda right next door has 2 new 2001's still on the lot, a Spa that has a lot of accessories on it for 31,495 and a red/black with over 500 miles with a few accessories that they will have to sell for less than the Spa. I think they're dreaming/fishing on the used one.
I hear you!
Oh- the Spa in the Honda showroom has a sold sticker on it; the guy is trying to work out his financing so it may not be sold. The Formula Red is missing, I forgot to ask but I believe that one was sold last week. And the '02 Grand Prix White with Red interior has also been sold and the new owner has taken delivery already. About the only thing they have not sold is the Suzuka Blue one that sits at the airport.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:51 AM

LOL! Hi Jeff!

Turns out that it's good ol' Dave, just out cruising (must be nice).
Yea, I've got really weird work hours, kinda make'm up as I go along. It's a blessing and a curse though. Today I had some time to take the car out for a little drive but yesterday I was up till midnight working a 16 hour day. Oh well, can't complain, I accepted the job, right?

Can't wait for the 21st. I wonder how many S2Ks we can get at the auto-x? It'd be nice to have a large group there.

Procedural question here, my wife is going to drive at the auto-x too. We pay per driver right, not per car?
Old 04-02-2002, 08:55 AM

Triple-H, oops looks like my info is a little outdated! I thought that Suzuka one was sold, somebody had it on order or something. At least that's what I was told, can't believe everything you're told from the dealer I suppose! I guess they are still in relatively high demand, perhaps they will get 30k for the used one.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:55 AM

I believe it is per driver at BMW CCA & NR PCA AutoX but I'm not 100% sure.
Good Question.

( And would you please respond to the post in Upstate that has "Macedon" in the title!?! )
Old 04-02-2002, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by Daveg27
Procedural question here, my wife is going to drive at the auto-x too. We pay per driver right, not per car?
Yep - we want ALL yer money...

If you plan on attending many/most SCCA autocrosses during the year, a club membership at least breaks even and gets you a couple of rags (the local Top End and the national Sports Car). There's a spousal membership that costs $15 more than a single membership ($75 total vs. $60). You break even since the price of entry for a member is $15 vs. $20 for a non-member.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:38 PM

And if you plan on attending a GVC BMW CCA / NR PCA / MBOC AutoX, we will have a very cool custom T-shirt for you!
Old 04-02-2002, 04:04 PM

can't wait until april 21'st. actually looking for some cones to borrow so we can practice in a parking lot before then.

Quick Reply: Used '01 S2 Spa at Holtz