New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Who all are still here?

Old 01-25-2018, 02:35 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Who all are still here?

Been noticing an increasing trend across all sub-forums, so I figured I'd ask.

Who still visits this page and, how often do you visit?

As for me, I'm here everyday and I check in more than a few times a day.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

I probably visit every day just to see if anything is new.
Levi
​​​
Old 01-25-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in hibernation mode so I don't poke in as often because it just reminds me that there's still a bit more waiting before the car comes out
Old 01-25-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I'll admit I'm not getting much out of S2KI or, honestly, the Upstate forum lately, I visit a couple of times per week and question why so often. Not much going on anymore. The witty repartee just isn't there. Western NY has zero activity. No events, no drives. (I'm as much to blame as anyone.) I have even thought about turning over the autocross schedule for someone else to maintain.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:13 PM

Case in point...there have only been 70 posts since the beginning of the year in the Upstate Chat Thread. That is less than 3 per day.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:41 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Conedodger
I'll admit I'm not getting much out of S2KI or, honestly, the Upstate forum lately, I visit a couple of times per week and question why so often. Not much going on anymore. The witty repartee just isn't there. Western NY has zero activity. No events, no drives. (I'm as much to blame as anyone.) I have even thought about turning over the autocross schedule for someone else to maintain.
1. You should run the autocross schedule. You got me into the sport as you did others. You've championed the sport over the years, to the point where I've modified the car beyond what I even considered doing 3-4 years ago.I for one am looking forward to seeing you at SeAD.

2. I miss the conversation too and funnily enough I'm enjoying seeing the responses on this thread. Don't think we've had as many posts in a while.

3. I lost my interest to organize any drives and didn't even think about doing one last year. Because the year prior, we barely had 3 or 4 cars participate and not everyone stayed the full distance. I made it to the Levi drive last year and plan to attend it this year too if life permits. Not sure I can organize any drives this year either but will see if I can plan something

4. Personally, one other thing that has lowered my post count, is using a phone over a PC. With internet security measures in place at work, I do not feel comfortable accessing the site on a work machine as I once did. I mostly use my phone and its not as easy to post using a handheld device. At least no lengthy posts. Also unlike in years past, the site has way too many ads and there are restrictions on what I can install on a machine at work.

I still count many of my friends on here. If I were to make a list of friends I've made since moving to Albany, I bet that the friendships I've formed on here will outnumber people I've met elsewhere. I've met people on here that have enabled me, taught me how to do work, helped me with repair(s) car and home and I've stayed in your homes too. Just for that, I will keep coming back here, and I hope that we can get our little neck of the woods buzzing again.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:43 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by shiv
I'm in hibernation mode so I don't poke in as often because it just reminds me that there's still a bit more waiting before the car comes out
Come on brotha....young people like you are the future of this forum. Keep active on here
Old 01-25-2018, 03:43 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Ever since the News Editor got fired, Disgruntled Publicus has lost his joie d' vie. He's over there, laying on the floor, not saying much.

The MGA forum is a bit quieter than usual. The Volvo forum is on life support - only one or two posts per day.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:51 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Ever since the News Editor got fired, Disgruntled Publicus has lost his joie d' vie. He's over there, laying on the floor, not saying much.

The MGA forum is a bit quieter than usual. The Volvo forum is on life support - only one or two posts per day.
I did notice that the Civic forums had died, but that happened long before as most of the kids I knew either got jobs and moved on to other cars or moved out of Albany. Besides they were all social media savvy too and I guess fell out of love with the forums.

The BRZ forum too is very dull. It almost seems like it had a hive of activity for the first couple of years and then it died away as Facebook groups got more popular.

As much as Facebook is great for buying/selling, I still prefer the forums for the way information is organized and stored which lends very well to retrieval and our forum is by far the best for the wealth of info it has. It has to be kept alive so that all the info needed to keep the cars going isn't lost. I'd say the same thing about your MG and Volvo forums - surely those contain plenty of useful info among the banter.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by blueosprey90

I think forums as a group are fading. I visit the VFR motorcycle forum about once a month. I'm finding my interest in Face Book is dying too. I have to wade through too many posts about kids, pets and recipes to find anything of importance. It is kind of like cable TV. I spend 1/2 an hour scrolling through crap to find 5 minutes of value.

Quick Reply: Who all are still here?