New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Who all are still here?

Old 06-10-2018, 05:42 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Hogan - In general, people don't seem to have the time for forums. The younger kids seem to prefer conversation about cars via social media. These days I see a lot of cars out there and wonder if the person is on the forum. Used to be a time when I saw the car and recognized who it was. In any case, the point I was trying to make is that someone annoying may not bring people back. I think we just keep the trust and the community going and maybe at some point people will come. As things stand the forums are a much better way to find information than anything via a tweet or a Facebook post. We have organization, they have chaos and insults.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:59 PM

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

In theory, I belong in New England. But when I joined S2ki, New England was an unpleasant, rather nasty place. That's how I landed in Upstate.

The MG Experience forums are very active. But since the cars have rusted away to nothing over the past 60 years, much of the talk is about restoration projects and paint jobs. I wouldn't say it is easy, but its pretty amazing how a complete rust bucket can be converted into something nice.

Now, back to topic. A few posts above on the prior page, Eldrid has a picture of his car on Whiteface Mountain. Levi commented and offered a welcome to "his neighborhood".

I want to remind the assembled masses that the last time we wanted to take Levi up to the top of Whiteface, he begged off and said he was going to Santa's Workshop - supposedly to take a nap. But when we returned to pick him up, he was missing! He never offered up a suitable explanation. But that's about the same time that Santa Clause and his old lady "moved up north" after getting kicked out of the projects. And according to my reliable source, they brought a lot of that magic dust that Santo used to fly around and get down chimneys.

Santa's move north is described at about 2:00 here.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:19 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

^

I plan on taking bets this year to see if Levi will make it.

Jake did mutter something about bringing his son, Levi, on the drive. So chances are we may have both, either or none.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

I'm planning on making an appearance.
Levi
Old 06-12-2018, 03:30 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
In theory, I belong in New England. But when I joined S2ki, New England was an unpleasant, rather nasty place. That's how I landed in Upstate.
Same here, although I didn't come to Upstate right away...NE was decent for awhile.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:04 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90

The MG Experience forums are very active. But since the cars have rusted away to nothing over the past 60 years, much of the talk is about restoration projects and paint jobs. I wouldn't say it is easy, but its pretty amazing how a complete rust bucket can be converted into something nice.

Now, back to topic. A few posts above on the prior page, Eldrid has a picture of his car on Whiteface Mountain. Levi commented and offered a welcome to "his neighborhood".

I want to remind the assembled masses that the last time we wanted to take Levi up to the top of Whiteface, he begged off and said he was going to Santa's Workshop - supposedly to take a nap. But when we returned to pick him up, he was missing! He never offered up a suitable explanation. But that's about the same time that Santa Clause and his old lady "moved up north" after getting kicked out of the projects. And according to my reliable source, they brought a lot of that magic dust that Santo used to fly around and get down chimneys.

Santa's move north is described at about 2:00 here.

https://youtu.be/5bf9lUdRWFA
That was back in 2010, had to leave as I had a dinner date with with wife and some friends.

Levi