Any riders out here? Post up your routes and what you ride

Been putting 200 miles a weekend on this
Old 07-04-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vdubbn,Jul 4 2009, 07:57 AM
Any riders out here? Post up your routes and what you ride

Been putting 200 miles a weekend on this
you do any triathlons?

For the road I've got an 04 (I think) Giant TCR Aero, ride it mostly locally maybe 15-20 miles a shot .

For the mountain I've got a 05 Giant Faith 1, it's a downhill/freeride bike only so most of my time is spent up at Diablo freeride park in Vernon NJ (http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/). Was looking forward to trying some other lift assisted mountains this year, but that isn't going to happen.

For dirt jumping and urban war riding I've got a 06 Cannondale Chase.

For "beach cruising" (i.e. hanging up on my living room wall) this is my mid 60's Schwinn Typhoon. Since it's been fully restored I have yet to ride it.

And for drinking at the Englishtown swap meet, a custom made tall bike. Have to give credit to my brother and his friends for making this creation.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by bobushka king,Jul 4 2009, 09:28 AM
you do any triathlons?

For the road I've got an 04 (I think) Giant TCR Aero, ride it mostly locally maybe 15-20 miles a shot .

For the mountain I've got a 05 Giant Faith 1, it's a downhill/freeride bike only so most of my time is spent up at Diablo freeride park in Vernon NJ (http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/). Was looking forward to trying some other lift assisted mountains this year, but that isn't going to happen.

For dirt jumping and urban war riding I've got a 06 Cannondale Chase.

For "beach cruising" (i.e. hanging up on my living room wall) this is my mid 60's Schwinn Typhoon. Since it's been fully restored I have yet to ride it.

And for drinking at the Englishtown swap meet, a custom made tall bike. Have to give credit to my brother and his friends for making this creation.
Legit! I used to be into dirt way back when then took a few steps back. I am doing the nyc and the westchester this year. 2010 IM lake placid and some sort of a half IM early in the year to keep things kosher Ride the city much?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:45 AM

haven't ridden in the city yet, was planning on going up to the jumps at Highbridge during the summer some time. I broke my foot bad about a month ago so I'm out probably for the rest of the season (I can't put weight on it for another month and a half). Oh well there is always next year
Old 07-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by bobushka king,Jul 4 2009, 09:45 AM
haven't ridden in the city yet, was planning on going up to the jumps at Highbridge during the summer some time. I broke my foot bad about a month ago so I'm out probably for the rest of the season (I can't put weight on it for another month and a half). Oh well there is always next year
damn man that is hurting! You can clip the roadie to the trainer... not much fun but its good enough for a broken leg Speedy recovery!!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

All the bikes i have are now considered classics, but i've gotten back into riding over the past 3 months and want to upgrade soon (not spending anymore money on my car will help).

I have a Klein Quantum Race road bike that i average about 200 miles a week on. Its slowly increasing as i have been doing longer rides in the mornings before work.

I recently sampled a Colnago CX-1 for a week and will try out a Giant TCR advanced when i get back from vacation.
The Colnago CX-1 is amazing but i'll wait until i can get a used one from the local bike store as its price is rather restrictive for my current cash flow.

I have an old school Specialized FSR dualie XC. I'll eventually upgrade it, but am happy with it for now.

I do alot of rides through bernardsville, Mendham, Peapack-Gladstone, Oldwick, basking ridge (around my house) etc... Its a great place to ride because there aren't too many cars (very scenic) and there are lots of hills and elevation changes. You can do a big amount climbing in a short amount of miles, which i like

My goal for this road season is to complete a century and keep up on a few of the more intense liberty cycle shop rides.
For MTB, i want to complete the 24 hours of Allamuchy this August.

yo bobby, dirty jersey choppers FTW...

Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 AM

I've riden both the TCR and the Colnago, sweet bikes for sure. Scott has some decently priced roadies worth looking into
Old 07-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Sneak peak. Put the front end back together after cleaning and checking all CF. Rear will get a full disk, tomorrow most likely as the glue is still curing.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Me a rider... haha.

I have a 2006 Orbea Mitis II.

I've only been riding maybe 6 or 7 times so far this year due to work, weekend getaways, and working out at the gym but have been setting aside more time to get some rides in. On a good riding week this year... I maybe do about 70 miles a week, which is about 2 rides during the week at around 20 miles on local roads which really sucks cause of traffic lights and such and average maybe 30 miles on a weekend rides, for now. That number will increase. And even though mileage is low, I do nice leg workouts at the gym, so of course that helps.

Like I said... weekday rides blow cause I really have no choice. I'm stuck to where I live cause going to ride somewhere else is pointless considering the traffic and the time that I get home from work, so that has to do. Weekends, I usually ride with a couple of people (including Soul_Coughing above) and we ride starting in Edgewater going north on 9W (huge number of cyclists there) or down around Bernardsville.

Andre
Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.machineryrowbicycles.com/images...tis_2_thumb.jpg

I can't figure out how to post the picture.

Andre

Quick Reply: Cycling thread