NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official 2014/15 NFL CHAT THREAD

Old 08-04-2014, 06:07 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

ej manual looked good last night with mike wallace.

eli looked like last years eli! hahahahah
Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Topplayer
ej manual looked good last night with mike wallace.

eli looked like last years eli! hahahahah
Nothing really impressed me other than Giants RBs but that was vs 2nd string with 1st string o-line so who know how valid they will be. I think Eli will be running for his life again this year. You can't blame him much as I blame that line that isn't protecting him well. Should he have tucked the ball away...? Yeah but it was pre season and he wanted to try and make something happen. Poor guy is going to get beat up again.. Lol

Can't wait for Thursday's game against Colts. Our D has been solid in training camp.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:03 AM

every day I get more and more hyped about football. cant wait!!!!!!!

i dont want to say this but how long till vic starts???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:16 AM

every day I get more and more hyped about football. cant wait!!!!!!!

i dont want to say this but how long till vic starts???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?
Oh stop it. There is no damn about battle or controversy lol. Unless Geno gets hurt or does horrible (which I doubt) he won't start. In terms of durability Geno is better. Vick isn't always accurate and only thing he has up on Geno is his experience. One solid hit and the dude is done. Geno will still have some work but I expect better from him in his softmore year. He bounces back well. Reports say he is faster and has put on a few more pounds of muscle. we don't exactly have the best receivers but I will say they are above average especially with Decker. If we can have one or two that can speed down field to draw the back field out along with Decker at slot and our RBs ... we will have a pretty good offense. Oh and not to mention.. both qbs run. We won't be the best offense putting up long yards but we will be surprising people again.

Now about the defense... now that you can expect to be top 5 and maybe even 3 each week.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 784 Likes on 434 Posts

This is NY. This is Rex Ryan. There is a QB debate. Week 1, Week 2, maybe 3 - Geno has a bad game and from the stands ring chants of "We want dog-killer!, We want dog-killer!" It's going to happen.

Decker is a prototypical WR who took advantage of the system to get ahead. When he's the #1 receiver and doesn't get the benefit of having Thomas and Thomas double teamed and Welker in the slot, he won't give you anything. I'd predict 58 for 715 and 4 TDs.

As for your RBs, when the line is stacked because no one is scared of Geno or Dog-killer throwing to (ooooohhhhh) Decker, they will do nothing too.

Now as a Giants fan, I'm not necessarily optimistic myself, however, the other teams in the division have a history of self-destruction, so there's always hope.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
This is NY. This is Rex Ryan. There is a QB debate. Week 1, Week 2, maybe 3 - Geno has a bad game and from the stands ring chants of "We want dog-killer!, We want dog-killer!" It's going to happen.

Decker is a prototypical WR who took advantage of the system to get ahead. When he's the #1 receiver and doesn't get the benefit of having Thomas and Thomas double teamed and Welker in the slot, he won't give you anything. I'd predict 58 for 715 and 4 TDs.

As for your RBs, when the line is stacked because no one is scared of Geno or Dog-killer throwing to (ooooohhhhh) Decker, they will do nothing too.

Now as a Giants fan, I'm not necessarily optimistic myself, however, the other teams in the division have a history of self-destruction, so there's always hope.
Typical Giant fan hate lol. NY media creates a debate even when the coach and the QBs themselves say there isn't so guys like you can fan the flames. Quality stuff your posting here.

Decker isn't going to be the number 1 receiver but is the most talented in a not so great bunch. That much is clear.

You should worry more about your offensive line protecting Eli (so he doesn't leads the league in turn overs AGAIN) before you worry about our RBs not breaking through. Even in the past we have had no problem with less talented backs.

I look forward to quoting your post later on in the season. Geno has one bad game and Vick gets the start? Sure... lol

Lucky you banking on the fact that teams in your division implode. Don't think that will continue so much for the Eagles or Skins. I see some tough games ahead for the Gmen if Eli is running for his life. They even changed up the offense to a hurry up quick drop passes to help remedy his time on his back. Hope it works out. Eli deserves better.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:28 AM

Received 784 Likes on 434 Posts

You should re-read my comments...

" from the stands ring chants of" Something will happen in this scenario. The fans, media, whoever will create an issue. That's what will happen. I didn't say Vick will be QB, I said Geno will have a bad game and those in the stands will start yelling for change.

and

"Now as a Giants fan, I'm not necessarily optimistic myself" I said that, yes, I'm not optimistic, and perhaps our only chance this year is for the others to implode. I never said Eli wouldn't be on his back or wouldn't have turnovers.

You have your opinions and I have mine. And for the record, I don't hate the Jets at all. I wish the Jets would do something for once, would be good for the area and my friends who continually suff - I feel sorry for all the Jets fans that endure year after year. However, I do hate the Eagles.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:51 AM

I did read your post. More than once and there are implications that you have now cleared up.
In any case this thread is better with some trash talk.

It's the NFL and we all suffer at one point or another. There have been some great moments in Jets history and the good thing is we are steady improving as an organization. It's not like we are the Lions and have never seen a super bowl lol. I hope we kill those dirty lions but it won't be easy. Jets face the Packers, Bears and Lions and as usual the NFL hands the patriots the Jets at a disadvantage with a game up in NE on a short week after a battle vs the Broncos.

I honestly see the Jets as a wild card team at best. We still need work in the passing game and turn overs. If we can secure the ball better this year we can see the playoffs but right now the offense has not been there to match the D. We can't keep relying on the D to dominate when the offense turns over or can't capitalize on what our D gives them.

Man .. I just can't wait till tomorrow. I have my crew coming over consisting of NY Jet and Giant fans all transplanted down here. We are going to be warming up till the time we start to go out and get heckled by all the fair weather FL fans. Lol
Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 AM

I liked DEE but we really have to worry about the other side!

geno looked good in my eyes.

I was alittle surprised how easy luck moved the ball on the D, I mean luck kept throwing toward patternson and willson but still alittle more pressure would be nice.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:43 AM

I liked DEE but we really have to worry about the other side!

geno looked good in my eyes.

I was alittle surprised how easy luck moved the ball on the D, I mean luck kept throwing toward patternson and willson but still alittle more pressure would be nice.
Colts are a playoff team. We have had their number that last couple of years but Luck stays on the upswing. Our O-line didn't look good yesterday. Geno was ok from the little time he played but nothing stellar. Decker looked good. Milliner looked good. McDougle looked way better than Petterson. Patterson was giving way to much room and was more worried about not getting burnt than applying pressure. If last night was any indication of what is to come we can expect the weak side back to be exploited big time. I did like what McDougle was showing last night. He was always in the play and was all over in coverage. Not bad for a rookie. Looking forward to next one.

Quick Reply: Official 2014/15 NFL CHAT THREAD