NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official 2014/15 NFL CHAT THREAD

Old 08-11-2014, 04:15 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

with mcdougle out for the season and DEE hurt were f@#ked for awhile.

our team went from fixable to f@#ked in one practice

our gm f@#ked up big time, passing on cro and revis is going to bite us in the ass
Old 08-11-2014, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man. We are so screwed if Dimitri doesn't find a way to step up.

I t was clear that the Jets didn't want to spend a lot for CB. We should have picked up Rodgers-Cromartie but Revis brings too much salary worries.

Worst part is we have a tough early schedule and if our CBs can't stop Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Manning and Brady from going deep I see us going worst than 8-8. Let's see if our Louisville Slugger can provide some help.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:05 AM

I dont think he alone can stop anything any more. Our D is big on running man to man if we cant have have to do cover 2 we cant throw the blitz like we use to.

F
Old 08-11-2014, 06:18 AM

Dee Milliner
Dimitri Patterson
Kyle Wilson
Ras-I Dowling
Darrin Walls
Ellis Lankster

Our CB situation wasn't promising to begin. Dex gave me hopes that quickly vanished and now Milliner will be out for a few games. Wilson and Patterson need to step up. Maybe Dowling can benefit from a the opportunity but I am seriously not optimistic about our season anymore. We are just facing to many top notch QBs that will exploit the weak backfield.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:19 AM

you hear rex yesterday? He compared us to the 46 bears LOl

prolly because he took Antonio allen from safety to CB and it looked great in practice yesterday.

I see alot of 3 safety looks now
Old 08-12-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
you hear rex yesterday? He compared us to the 46 bears LOl

prolly because he took Antonio allen from safety to CB and it looked great in practice yesterday.

I see alot of 3 safety looks now
See man that is how things get misconstrued from media reports lol.

I watched the interview live as I do most and he used it as a reference NOT compared. We don't have a fridge up front lol. But his D is always rooted from his dad's D.

We just picked up a vet CB and Double A is a good fill. I am not as confident as him but I do have faith that he (if anyone at all) will cover the losses at the position. People can hate Rex all day but the guy is a defensive genius. I don't know what LeQuan Lewis will do but he has been with us before and last run was over in Tampa. At least they aren't sitting on their hands and hoping the best with Patterson and Wilson.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:05 AM

where do you see the whole videos? jets.com only has like clips I want links to the whole thing for this reason
Old 08-12-2014, 10:27 AM

just watched the video, them morning reports are a joke they minulatedthe shit out of that convo
Old 08-12-2014, 12:44 PM

Download the Jets app or watch the Jets website for love feeds. I get an alert any time there is a live feed and tune in to watch. The media was going after him the other day on if he is afraid to say he is going to the super bowl and why not say it anymore... I think if I was in sports I would be like the Rangers ex coach cursing reporters out regularly. That is why Belicheck and others are so reserved at the podium.

Anyway... his reference to the 86 Bears was only to indicate that even they weren't stacked at the CB position and are considered by most to be the best defense in all of football history. Rex likes guys that are flexible in shifting around the field and can play various positions. That's why his blitz schemes are so good. He knows how to disguise them and shift his players around. Man if you watch the D closely you can see the movement and shifts to mess with the opponent. We have been playing with some weak safeties lately and now at CB. I don't think we will dominate as planned but we should still be top ten.

My concerns still linger with the o-line and secondary. Let's see how we do. I'm hoping for 10-6 season but not confident until we get started.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:18 AM

this time next week will be the start of nfl WOOT

Quick Reply: Official 2014/15 NFL CHAT THREAD