NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official Metro IT chat, phones, computing, gaming ..

Old 09-13-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah yeah size was a major plus when I compared the nexus 7 to an iPad. Price was the main thing and the tegra chip on it is great.

Economist, I used to read that. I'm just too busy with my comixology account for that anymore. All caught up on walking dead lol
Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 AM

got my hands on a kindle fire hd 7" today. felt real nice and the gui was pretty simple and easy to navigate. From what little I saw it was worth the 199 for a basic media friendly tablet. Google N7 has edged it out some reviews I have read. for 199 I may just pick on up and really do some nice testing.

Anyone else have one? Likes and dislikes?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:02 AM

New OS for apple heads.. any comments?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

right now im using the HTC EVO LTE, i love the HTC flagship. was currently looking to purchase the nexus 7 but i think i might wait it out for the surface tablets.
Also on the topic of phones anyone getting the Nokia 920? that thing looks awesome.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:45 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup
Originally Posted by freq' timestamp='1347036282' post='21995180
[quote name='iLuveketchup' timestamp='1347034703' post='21995106']
I'm thinking of getting the Fanatec CSR Elite steering wheel w/ clubsport pedals (for the xbox/ps3/pc) so that I can practice my driving on weekdays. Anyone here have a Fanatec wheel?
Clyde, what was your first car? And to stay on topic, what was the last piece of IT / network equipment you touched?
1. A Honda Civic EX. Are you trying to get answers for my bank's password recovery? lol

2. Cisco 6509
[/quote]

LOL this was too funny.

what HS did you go to?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by iamxpL
right now im using the HTC EVO LTE, i love the HTC flagship. was currently looking to purchase the nexus 7 but i think i might wait it out for the surface tablets.
Also on the topic of phones anyone getting the Nokia 920? that thing looks awesome.
The Nexus 7 is great IMHO. It really is nice for what you are paying for and at the perfect size. I always found the iPad to be too big for what it can do. At that size give me more PC functions like larger storage and better processing power. Let's see what the Surface tablets can do. So far anytime Microsoft has tried to step outside the PC realm like phones it's been a flop. I never could understand how Exchange was not fully supported by a Windows phone.

I am checking out this kindle fire HD and it is not as fast and fluid as my Nexus 7. It also a little slow with emails compared to other devices but it's nothing major.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Originally Posted by iamxpL' timestamp='1348062228' post='22022721
The Nexus 7 is great IMHO. It really is nice for what you are paying for and at the perfect size. I always found the iPad to be too big for what it can do. At that size give me more PC functions like larger storage and better processing power. Let's see what the Surface tablets can do. So far anytime Microsoft has tried to step outside the PC realm like phones it's been a flop. I never could understand how Exchange was not fully supported by a Windows phone.

I am checking out this kindle fire HD and it is not as fast and fluid as my Nexus 7. It also a little slow with emails compared to other devices but it's nothing major.
Oh yeah i agree, my first choice was the nexus 7. The Ipad was not even on my list, price point alone did it. and yes MS did slack before but the surface is important for them since they are specifically targeting macbooks with that.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:15 PM

I've been a little off on the Surface updates and need to look into it more. Is Win8 and Surface one in the same? I was never crazy about their whole tiles idea. Interesting things to come..
Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM

So I should be receiving a Windows phone soon from work to start testing. Does anyone own one for either personal or work? We are trying to get away from the Blackberry side of things and will be testing it's functionality with Outlook and other MS office related things. Any experiences with these devices anyone?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

a 5 yr old dell laptop. i need to get a new one soon. i may look into macbooks.
htc incredible 2 android cell phone - 1.5 yrs old
the new ipad (32 gig) - got as a bday gift from my fiance in october
160 gig classic ipod. my ipod photo broke after 7 yrs of use, so my fiance got me this for valentine's day last yr.

i would not have bought the ipad on my own. it is a fun toy though and comes in handy more then i had ever imagined.

yup, im not very techy, but this is just another thread for me to post in though.

Quick Reply: Official Metro IT chat, phones, computing, gaming ..