NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official Metro NFL 2013/14 Season thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

they jets have 6 qbs now. they need to cut 3 of them. they have to pay sanchez $8mil either way and its a $12mil cap hit. sux that they resigned him. they need to use or cut or trade tebow. cut simms too. garrard would make a good backup and mcelroy would make a good #3. let geno play. you have nothing to lose. he's going to become the next starting qb for the jets anyway at some point next season.

the redskins should win the nfc east again, but you never know with injuries and how the giants will be. i dont see the eagles improving much at all.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orangebarius
they jets have 6 qbs now. they need to cut 3 of them. they have to pay sanchez $8mil either way and its a $12mil cap hit. sux that they resigned him. they need to use or cut or trade tebow. cut simms too. garrard would make a good backup and mcelroy would make a good #3. let geno play. you have nothing to lose. he's going to become the next starting qb for the jets anyway at some point next season.

the redskins should win the nfc east again, but you never know with injuries and how the giants will be. i dont see the eagles improving much at all.
Other teams have had that amount of QB's on their roster. Tampa Bay had 7 at one point. Technically it is 6 but half of those really don't count. LOL Simms and McElroy will never be starters. As much as people wanted McElroy to be the guy ... he just isn't. We haven't even signed Geno yet. So it is way to early to tell what will happen.

I love how the media blows shit up. Watching the interview with GM and coaches all they kept digging at was did Jets call Mark. Give it a damn rest already. The only circus in NY is the media. For the Same reason Pat's owner didn't talk to Brady about cutting Welker, the Jets will not call Sanchez about any team decisions.

Letting Geno play from jump is the worst thing they can do. A QB like Geno needs development. Ride out Sanchez for the year since he already knows the system coming in and most of the current roster and develop Geno. Starting Geno from day one will be another Sanchez in the making. Geno is NO RG3. Aaron Rodgers, Brees and Brady are all great QB's that were developed and rode the bench for a bit.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 AM

good point. a yr of showing geno the ropes would help his development. the jets arent going to make much noice in the afc east this yr anyway. might as well train the new guy and build for the future.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:58 AM

and there goes tebow. 1 down.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by orangebarius
good point. a yr of showing geno the ropes would help his development. the jets arent going to make much noice in the afc east this yr anyway. might as well train the new guy and build for the future.
EXACTLY! We know there is no super bowl team in Green and White this year.

Bon voyage Tebone. Somebody should pick him up..... hopefully.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
you like the geno pick?

I am not sure how I feel with 1000000 QBs on the current roster. do we still have the virgin too? we need more dudes like mangold up front and a atleast one more guy than can catch. assuming mark is the starter who is he going to throw to now that keller is down and out?? oo yea keep drafting D maybe cro will get us more TDs LOL

f@#k the jets. unless geno can be the guy to bring it all together (which I doubt) this year is a wash.
LOL Jets are your team how can you say this crazy talk!?

Dude turn off the radio and put down the paper. To be honest I wasn't crazy about the Geno pick up but it makes some sense now that Tebow is gone. Geno is by far not a starting QB like RG3 and Luck were last year. This year's draft was horrible in terms of QB's. The only WR worth picking up was snatched by the Rams. We did pick up an OT and worked on offense after round 1. Read between the media lines man. Shit just got better after the draft.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 AM

The season has officially started! HOFers are inducted and tonight is the first taste of football. Can't wait to get this year started.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I am going to enjoy football. hopefully watching the jets, or cowboys wooo
Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM

I know last nights game means nothing but Tannehill did play and I think the Fins had more of their starters or close to starters play than the Cowboys. Fins look bad while the Cowboys D looked good. If that is their bench I can only imagine what their real D is going to look like. NFC east is going to be a fun division to watch.

As for my poor old Jets with the supposed QB controversy lol Cimini and Mehta are such ass hats with their reporting.. lol. As predicted we don't have all those QB's anymore. Gerrard is out and Tebone is in Pats country. Sanchez to start, Geno 2nd and McElroy 3rd. Simms will get waived again.

I still have them going with 4 wins but being optimistic with 6. The offense is not going to be pretty at all with no real WR and a totally new regime in it's first year. Defense is very young and inexperienced but if they can just get the basics down and work together it should be fun to watch. Cro is working hard along with Wilson. Millner is a great Revis replacement but time will tell if he is all that for the NFL. We are still weak at Safety but we have managed to do well with guys like Smith and Leonhard who were below average. Either way I am still hyped for this year.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM

as a mets fan, it's football season for me.

Quick Reply: Official Metro NFL 2013/14 Season thread