NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

PS4, xbox 1, or current

Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

the interface is one of the most discerning qualities. the multitasking it can do is quite amazing. now its yet fully polished but it works well. im sure they will continue to update it. for you sports and gaming fans. if you have it hooked up to your cable box you can "snap" tv on the side bar while the game loads. switching from tv to game is so easy. when you skype the camera tracks you and keeps you in focus even if you are moving around. the console im sure has more things to offer but so far ive been inundated with Forza.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Plasmas are done don't even bother and lcd is soon to follow but still has some time left. LED is nicer and from what I have seen. check cnet for some nice reviews and of course spend a nice bit of time in bestbuy checking them out but check the lighting, settings and placement (viewing angle) of how the have them. Lots of times they will set the settings to shit or place it in matter that will look better than what it really is. In any case my brand of choice has been Samsung since they always include a generous amount of connectivity and have been reliable as hell for me.

In terms of gaming systems I am waiting till price drops. I cannot justify wasting money on a buggy item that while definitely drop in price within a year. Then again.. I am not a huge gamer.
LED might be thinner and "nicer" to some people but they don't touch the performance of a plasma. Even the best LED/LCD only are at 240hz. Plasmas are at 600hz which makes a big difference when you are gaming, watching sports, & fast paced movies; etc. Panasonic Plasmas are the best on the market as well.

But if you do go led/lcd samsung is my top choice.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K DRIFTER
My buddy used to play on a monitor and he also recommended I do the same for fps but I don't want to buy a monitor for just gaming, I need a TV.

Is there any brand tv you recommend that would be just as good or close to as one of the monitors mentioned in the link?

Also, I read somewhere that plasma Tv's are better for gaming over led tv's. It's kinda hard to decide which type to go with but I do know I'm gonna purchase it from best buy, if it doesn't perform well I'm returning that b*tch lol

I was told, samsung and Lg are the best Tv's to go with
LG sucks. Go samsung if you're going led/lcd.

But i would suggest Plasma for a gamer.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-35558333.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-35567256.html

Either TV is amazing. I use a 55" Panasonic plasma myself. Hvnt seen too many LED/LCDs under $2000 that even touch the picture quality, FPS, and color levels. LED/LCDs are usually over saturated & do not have true blacks & shadow detail like plasmas.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I got the xbone. its cool and all but I think its smarter to wait a year. its all hype. I like the new features but its like a few steps above beta. I cant even play nba 2k online yet WTF
Old 11-26-2013, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this clears it all up ... if your head doesn't explode after reading it lol

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7...-refresh-rate/
Old 11-26-2013, 06:48 AM

^ I almost had a seizure reading that lol. I think I'm just gonna buy a samsung f5000 in 32" and call it a day. It's a tv for my bedroom so I don't wanna go nuts. I'm not a serious gamer but I do play here and there. I also watch sports, tv shows, and like long walks at beach...

But seriously 32" Samsung f5000 should be good enough (I hope).

So did anyone buy the ps4 yet? So far we heard mixed reviews on the xb1, am I right? Is it better to wait or hurry up and switch over?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:11 AM

Yeah bro to be honest the 600hz vs 120 or 240hz is minimal if you ask me. It's just one of those topics that hard chore fanboys will go nuts for. Best bet is to just go and stare at a few screens in person. If you can personally tell the difference and it bothers you then go for it. I am very picky when it comes to audio but not video. Some good quality stuff can't do you wrong. It terms of size you should consider looking into the distance of viewing. Going big isn't always better if you are going to be 2 feet away from the screen. LOL

this should help but it's not law because everyone has their own personal preferences ... distance and size guide

In my living room I am about 6' to 7' away and I have a 42". According to the link they recommend a 47" @ 6' and 52" @ 7' away. I bet it would be nice but I can live with the 42" just fine with no complaints. You know I am a huge football fan and it looks great. I also spend a lot of time watching motorcycle racing and light gaming. All good with my setup.

Everyone I know that is remotely into games is waiting for the ps4. I did read that so far the ps4 is slightly edging out the xbox FOR NOW.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Community Organizer

i personally think anything over 240hz is overkill. hell even 240hz is overkill for the games. like i said for FPS you want the response time and not just refresh rate.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 AM

I just saw a sony KDL-32" tv 1080p with 120hz that's supposed to have low input lag and I believe it's a smart tv with blah blah blah for $650, that's $300 more than the samsung I was thinking of buying. By the time I figure out what tv I want it'll be Xmas.

I hope someone from metro post on this thread regarding their ps4. I think my gf is buying it for me for Xmas :0l
Old 11-27-2013, 05:15 AM
Community Organizer

it largely depends on what games you like to play. i think that should be the deciding factor. without the fanboy hatorade that spews on the forums. buy something that gives you what you like.

On another note I have just been inundated with tuning the s2k for Laguna Seca in forza. its consuming so much time.

Quick Reply: PS4, xbox 1, or current