S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic and General Discussion (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-general-discussion-17/)
-   -   6 Nations. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-general-discussion-17/6-nations-1191562/)

martin j 02-02-2019 11:46 AM

6 Nations.

Well, an interesting set of results on the opening weekend, I’m making no predictions until after next weekend when I hope this are clearer, ie only Scotland unbeaten.

Is that still possible?

arsie 02-03-2019 05:50 AM

Welsh comeback fantastic a bit of luck involved but it happens. Unlike England in Dublin - never saw anything from the Irish except as gifted.

As you say wait Martin for the next round to unfold. The Frogs and the Micks will have something to prove ...

Heinz '57 02-03-2019 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by arsie (Post 24561607)
. The Frogs and the Micks will have something to prove ...

Your jingoistic little Englander colours are showing!

gaddafi 02-03-2019 08:03 AM

It was a very impressive England performance yesterday, one that was probably good enough to beat any other side in the world on current form.

I won't get too excited until they start performing at that level consistently but the signs are all good. Ireland weren't poor, they were just outplayed in most areas and aspects of the game.

In other news I'm getting bored watching teams roll Italy over. I don't see their presence adding anything to the tournament and their improvement seems to have ended or even gone into reverse.

Didn't see Wales but did comment they couldn't come back from the half time deficit so was very surprised to see the FT score.

arsie 02-03-2019 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Heinz '57 (Post 24561615)

I am unashamed of being from England and support them .Do you follow rugby? Did you even watch any of the games?
By way of explanation, using nicknames often derogatory is sporting banter but perhaps more prevalent in the so called beautiful game :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by gaddafi (Post 24561648)
It was a very impressive England performance yesterday, one that was probably good enough to beat any other side in the world on current form. I won't get too excited until they start performing at that level consistently but the signs are all good. Ireland weren't poor, they were just outplayed in most areas and aspects of the game.

In other news I'm getting bored watching teams roll Italy over. I don't see their presence adding anything to the tournament and their improvement seems to have ended or even gone into reverse. Didn't see Wales but did comment they couldn't come back from the half time deficit so was very surprised to see the FT score.

Agree with all that except I don't think the All Blacks would have made as many mistakes as the English i.e. silly penalties and that final Irish try.
Looking forward to the next round to see if these first results are the start of a trend. Here's hoping for more good games though!

martin j 02-03-2019 09:07 AM

I’m hoping the Irish don’t improve too much for next week(but the weather does, it was feckin Baltic) although Scotland did let Italy in near the end and flattered them with the score, France must improve after that display and could be a danger now, not sure about Wales though. Looking forward to the Calcutta cup, and, the cup staying in the cabinet at Murrayfield.

Heinz '57 02-03-2019 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=arsie;24561681]<br />I am unashamed of being from England and support them .Do you follow rugby? Did you even watch any of the games?<br />By way of explanation, using nicknames often derogatory is sporting banter but perhaps more prevalent in the so called beautiful game :rolleyes:<br />
I am also from England and support their sporting representatives. I also have no problem referring to their opponents by their correct nationality.
I watched the Ireland/England game but do not follow rugby per se ,although I fail to see what that has to do with using derogatory nicknames. As for it being sporting banter, try telling that to black sportsmen.

jml 02-03-2019 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Heinz '57 (Post 24561615)

Surprised ?

jml 02-03-2019 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by arsie (Post 24561681)
<br />I am unashamed of being from England and support them .Do you follow rugby? Did you even watch any of the games?<br />By way of explanation, using nicknames often derogatory is sporting banter but perhaps more prevalent in the so called beautiful game :rolleyes:<br /><br /><br />Agree with all that except I don't think the All Blacks would have made as many mistakes as the English i.e. silly penalties and that final Irish try.<br /><br />Looking forward to the next round to see if these first results are the start of a trend. Here's hoping for more good games though!

Whatever happened to your html skills ?

arsie 02-03-2019 11:20 AM

For the rugby fans here is a review of the Ireland-England game.