Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

Apple, it just works. Except it doesn't.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a pile of shit.

What have Apple had to say about it?
Old 11-25-2018, 07:13 AM
UK Moderator

Received 92 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by mattg4321 View Post
What a pile of shit.

What have Apple had to say about it?
Something along the lines of "you're holding it wrong" I expect.

We might take it to a "genius" at some point, but they'll probably recommend replacing the motherboard, or some such horseshit:

Found this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201163
Why do I have difficulty with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices when USB 3 devices are attached to my computer?

Some USB 3 devices can generate radio frequency interference that can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices operating in the 2.4GHz band to have issues communicating with your computer. Here are some tips to avoid this issue:
  • If your USB device has a cable long enough that you can move the device, place it away from your Mac—and make sure not to place it behind your Mac, or near the hinge of its display. The antennas for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are located there, and USB 3 devices placed there might interfere with your wireless connections.
  • If you're using adapters or dongles on a Mac computer with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, plug them into the front port on the left side of your Mac, or into the ports on the right side (if your computer has them). These ports are the farthest away from the antennas, making interference less likely.
  • To avoid interference on the 2.4GHz band using Wi-Fi, try using the 5GHz band instead. You can change this on your wireless base station. Bluetooth always uses 2.4GHz, so this alternative isn't available for Bluetooth.
Essentially, it's (yet another) crap design.

Last edited by lovegroova; 11-25-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be going to an Apple store and letting them know how unhappy I was with it I think
Old 11-25-2018, 10:50 PM
UK Moderator

Received 92 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by mattg4321 View Post
I'd be going to an Apple store and letting them know how unhappy I was with it I think
I don't think she'll bother, so long as it "works", sort of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands