Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

Climate change protest sillyness

Old 04-19-2019, 10:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Heinz '57 View Post
Look more like leavers to me.
Course they do...

Old 04-19-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by gaddafi View Post
Course they do...

Can we settle on tree hugging loonies?

Old 04-20-2019, 02:43 AM

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Super Snowflakes!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

They failed to blockade Heathrow, so what did they do? They burst into tears! No not tear gassed.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:19 AM

Received 70 Likes on 69 Posts

they seem to have a point

the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing enormously

climate change deniers like Trump are incredible. They have no basis for their stance other than stubborn refusal to pay attention to facts. the scandal is the oil companies etc denying its existance when the scientists are saying it's happening
Old 04-22-2019, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
they seem to have a point

the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing enormously

climate change deniers like Trump are incredible. They have no basis for their stance other than stubborn refusal to pay attention to facts. the scandal is the oil companies etc denying its existance when the scientists are saying it's happening
Not to mention the rise in methane from all those vegan farts.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:45 AM

Well he couldn't keep his nose out of brexit....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news...cid=spartandhp
Old 04-22-2019, 03:02 AM

they are gullible hypocrites

have you seen the pictures of the waste they left behind?

the 'problem' is too many people fecking up this planet

the solution is fewer people, not an endless spiral of ineffective actions and posturing

but we can't have that, can we? humam right to breed and all that.

so let's continue to exploit countries for their raw materials so that we can all have smartphones and EVs

thank Christ the Easter holidays are over and they can all go back to indoctrinating kids

speaking of which, how did that Swedish brat get here and how does she travel around spouting her pious tripe

surf board perchance?

shall I go on?

why is aviation given a tax pass?

why does air travel not attract the opprobium afforded to car drivers?

when can we expect the apology regarding the decision (based on more 'scientific facts') to incentivise the use of diesel?

why are taxis, buses, HM Coastguard and Port Authorities vehicles, certain operational vehicles used by the London boroughs, armed forces vehicles, Royal parks and breakdown organisation vehicles (huge numbers of which are diesels) exempt from the congestion charge?

fortunately not everyone falls for it
Old 04-22-2019, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearly something needs to be done. That human activity is contributing to warming of the atmosphere is pretty much 100% fact. Even if it isn't, pumping a load of s*** into the atmosphere isn't sustainable.

What can we do about it? Seems to be a very difficult problem to solve. Certainly by individual members of the public or individual countries.

The main problem is the huge population rise on this planet.

What winds me up is the sheer hypocrisy of these rent-a-mob c***s. Next week they'll be on some anti Brexit or anti Austerity march. Maybe these martyrs should be the first to be sacrificed in the name of saving the planet.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a4122196.html

Typical of the 'elite' most normal people around the world are sick to death of. So she is flying a bit less these days and has planted a few trees. I wonder how many flights and how many trees. C***s like this infest big business and governments around the world and people wonder why electorates stick 2 fingers up at the establishment.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:53 AM

Received 70 Likes on 69 Posts

it is a difficult problem to solve but well within our grasp, alas people, as ever, are more into lining their own pockets

i would happily use an autonomous EV powered by wind, solar or nuclear.

my bike is pretty efficient and low emission and given the chance i would cycle to work.

we dont waste food, our house is well insulated.. people need to make many small changes. my cars probably do 4k between them and most of that ia school runs because i dont want to send my son to a 'faith' (aka we teach/brainwash to believe in fairy stories)

the protestors have good intentions which puts them well ahead of ****wits like Trump who deny its happening despite knowing not much about very much at all.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

These twats need to go demonstrate in the countries most responsible for pollution, and they need to swim/walk there, after getting rid of all their possessions that contributed to global warming or whatever they are protesting against, funny how they decided to do it during good weather, not in mid winter. Good old Mayor Khan is doing his bit in London against pollution in the city, hope he joins in by walking to work? I doubt it though.

Quick Reply: Climate change protest sillyness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands