Here we go again - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

Here we go again

Old 07-24-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by lower View Post
That's the problem though, isn't it. The more knives there are on the streets the more likely it is that knives gets used in crimes against law abiding citizens. Therefore if you can get the knives off the street and the people that carry them locked up, the safer it will be for the rest of us.

IMO the current rise in knife crime is a direct result of the lack of support for police in a stop and search policy. If the knife crime issue is an ethnic minority problem, then as a country we need to have the balls to acknowledge that and deal with it and not just skirt the problem for fear of offending some people.
I'd need to see the stats on knives being used on 'civilians'

An increase there would support your logic

No increase would suggest the problem is largely contained within criminal groups

We know that young black people are stabbing each other to death more than ever

I don't know if law abiding citizens are experiencing record levels of knife crime
Old 07-25-2018, 12:27 AM

https://researchbriefings.parliament...ummary/SN04304

Definitely on the rise again. I'm obviously a lefty but even I am prepared to accept that there is a cultural issue here. And that culture happens to be young black males. I'm not even prepared to argue that gang life is a result of broken families and poverty. That's just an excuse. Although I feel for the kids that get caught up in it and find it hard to leave.

A tv programme on Monday highlighted that knives are now being used in muggings and one guys on his bicycle was cut up by a motorist, pulled out a 9" combat knife! So yes, the innocent public are getting caught up in this.

There has to be a correlation with the reduction in police numbers and lack of patrolling officers. Stop and search isn't the problem, there is just no one doing it.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by CynicG View Post
https://researchbriefings.parliament...ummary/SN04304

Definitely on the rise again. I'm obviously a lefty but even I am prepared to accept that there is a cultural issue here. And that culture happens to be young black males. I'm not even prepared to argue that gang life is a result of broken families and poverty. That's just an excuse. Although I feel for the kids that get caught up in it and find it hard to leave.

A tv programme on Monday highlighted that knives are now being used in muggings and one guys on his bicycle was cut up by a motorist, pulled out a 9" combat knife! So yes, the innocent public are getting caught up in this.

There has to be a correlation with the reduction in police numbers and lack of patrolling officers. Stop and search isn't the problem, there is just no one doing it.
My argument is that Stop and Search should be one of the Police's key tools for reducing the amount of knife crime. There will always be a hardcore of thugs of any background that are prepared to flout the law, but stop and searches of individuals where Police Officers have reasonable belief that they may be carrying a knife or other weapon such as acid will inevitably result in offenders being locked up and deter others from carrying weapons.

The biggest problem with this is that, although Police are already have the powers to stop and search, individual Police officers do not have the support they need when the searched individual inevitably plays the race card or claims harassment.

Sadiq Khan has the power as London mayor to provide this support, but is unwilling to do so. Consequently. crime rates go up, more people die and most importantly, more 'civilians' are killed and injured due to his Ostrich policy. Whilst putting more officers on the street cannot hurt, its a bit pointless if they are not allowed to be proactive in preventing crime.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:30 AM

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of a more assertive stance from the Police and authorities now that one lefty DPP has been replaced with another

You can expect more hand-wringing though
Old 07-26-2018, 10:59 AM

It's difficult to know how to deal with this increasing issue

Harsher sentences don't seem to work and are expensive

We can't deport to Aus anymore

Execution would seem the obvious answer. I saw some wannabe gangster scallies rowing in a park today near Nottm Uni. All witnessed by a multicultural group of intellects taking lunch from the Uni. And me . Talking like little dicked G wannabes do.. "chattin' shit to me yo?"

I did comtemplate that murdering the entire group would very likely be net beneficial to society. The biggest looked 6 stone wet through. Maybe why they carry knives? Can't afford a decent protein diet.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
I saw some wannabe gangster scallies rowing in a park today near Nottm Uni. All witnessed by a multicultural group of intellects taking lunch from the Uni. And me . Talking like little dicked G wannabes do.. "chattin' shit to me yo?"

I did comtemplate that murdering the entire group would very likely be net beneficial to society.
I doubt it would.

The cost of bringing you to trial and imprisonment for umpteen years would make it a net loss to society
Old 07-26-2018, 12:26 PM

That would depend on who was on the jury? say 12 hand picked S2k owners were available.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by arsie View Post
I doubt it would.

The cost of bringing you to trial and imprisonment for umpteen years would make it a net loss to society
They'd never take me alive Rog

You clearly underestimate the sheer speed of a well oiled s2000

I think anyone who talks like a wanksta should be shot on sight.. it just feels so right
Old 07-26-2018, 02:06 PM

I still think there's a massive net gain all the time gang members are offing each other

The poor background, no opportunities, promising footballer back story doesn't wash so there's minimal public sympathy
Old 07-26-2018, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by gaddafi View Post
I still think there's a massive net gain all the time gang members are offing each other

The poor background, no opportunities, promising footballer back story doesn't wash so there's minimal public sympathy
It's very hard to disagree, the old adage you live by the sword and all that.

An ex forest lad was jailed recently www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-nottinghamshire-44295366

Will he emerge a changed man? A model citizen? I very much ****ing doubt it.

and there is the issue I suppose
​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Here we go again

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands