Notices
Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

A tale to follow

Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Bad faith notwithstanding there may just be a reason he quit on the deal. Or maybe not. Risk there.

George CARman QC could have a point.

GLWTC (case)

Last edited by arsie; 04-30-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:04 PM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Originally Posted by arsie View Post
Bad faith notwithstanding there may just be a reason he quit on the deal. Or maybe not. Risk there.

George CARman QC could have a point.

GLWTC (case)
ahh, the old my dog stood on a nail etc defence

well, that will be for him to demonstrate to be true won't it, along with an explanation as to why said problem could not be communicated prior to proceedings

notwithstanding whether it has any standing in contract law

you lot crack me up sometimes - worrying about a cost of £50 and a few hours is ridiculous

it's much better value (as well as being educational) than what I spend on the Grand National every year

claim will be started early next week at expiry of the 14 days final demand...
Old 05-01-2018, 02:52 AM

Liked 19 Times in 19 Posts

I've used MCOL successfully several times - it is quick and easy.

It's more an interesting bit of case law as to whether such a contract will be enforceable, or not. Theoretically it ought to be, but...
Old 05-01-2018, 04:43 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

storage costs at £200 per month
plus the costs of the action
plus reasonable travel expenses to get to his location (if heard locally) stay overnight (it's a fair way) and get home
plus a nominal sum for breach

I'll be happy with the above, which will sting a scummy chancer like this c***

with the further promise of an appearance on 'can't pay we'll take it away' (he has assets and a sensitive job) if he doesn't cough
Old 05-01-2018, 08:12 AM

Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts

It's not the £50 or the hours - i'm drama averse. It's a bit like getting in the way of the moron that's about to cut you up vs seeing them coming and moving out of the way so they can crack on and have an issue with someone else.

That said - as a way of testing out small points of law, if it amuses you then who are any of us to argue whether it's good or bad value.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

How long is it likely to take to get a result?
Old 05-02-2018, 12:22 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eSeM View Post
How long is it likely to take to get a result?
In the most general terms - they have around 28 days max to respond from when I initiate the process
If they don't respond in that time I can ask for judgment to be entered immediately and begin enforcement proceeding idc
If they do respond (deny or admit part liability) there may be mediation before a court hearing - I don't know how long this might take

The first 28 days are largely automated so I just go with the process
After that it might involve mediation (over the phone) and then possibly a trip to a court (I quite fancy the latter) but I guess how long it will all take is dependent on lots of things like court scheduling in different places

I'd be surprised if he doesn't respond to the notification next week but he may be a head in the sand merchant as he isn't responding to any other form of communication. An illness excuse won't help much as he is leaving a contradictory social media trail which I'm obviously recording
Old 05-02-2018, 05:51 AM

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Old 05-03-2018, 12:35 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

legal advice I have received is that compelling performance (he buys and collects the car) may be difficult but not impossible

obtaining related costs and a notional sum for damages may not be that problematic

the figures posted earlier give an idea what that might amount to (increasing daily and with a chargeable interest rate of 8%) and I'm confident that would be sufficiently educational and inconvenient to the twat
Old 05-05-2018, 12:45 AM
Administrator

Liked 37 Times in 32 Posts

I like stuff like this, following

Quick Reply: A tale to follow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands