Notices
Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

A tale to follow

Old 05-10-2018, 09:42 AM

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi View Post
no, I think this will be more educational and possibly helpful to others
Only my opinion as I said, but it comes across as revenge pure and simple. I fail to see how trying to ruin a persons livelihood and reputation for such a trivial matter can be justified as "education" or how it could be helpful to others.
But there again, it is not my ego that has been hurt. :-)
Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Heinz '57 View Post
Only my opinion as I said, but it comes across as revenge pure and simple. I fail to see how trying to ruin a persons livelihood and reputation for such a trivial matter can be justified as "education" or how it could be helpful to others.
But there again, it is not my ego that has been hurt. :-)
that's one way of looking at it

another would be the reasonable expectation that people meet their obligations

the education part is the hope that he may be deterred from similar frivolity in the future and the help part is that other sellers may be spared the inconvenience of a moron messing up their sale

as you probably know, should I obtain judgment, the defendant has 31 days to pay and then nothing will be recorded

I'd suggest that anyone ignoring a court's decision then deserves all of the ensuing consequences
Old 05-11-2018, 01:13 AM

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

I would imagine that one of the key factors that have caused to to decide to pursue this route is the buyers utter lack of communication. If he had given a reasonable excuse for not following through on the purchase, i would imagine that you would have been irritated, but not felt the urge to take him to court.

In which case, the buyer only has himself to blame. I sincerely hope that it goes to court and you win and the result is published on as many forms of media as possible to deter people from doing this again.