Are they acually winging? - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

Are they acually winging?

Old 07-31-2018, 07:43 AM

Default Are they acually winging?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/pers...cid=spartandhp

How to NOT get sympathy, what a pair of winging ex coppers!

Someone please tell them they DON'T have to support their sponging grown up kids, and £10K on holidays, do me a favour!

bet he drives an Audi.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by richmc View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/pers...cid=spartandhp

How to NOT get sympathy, what a pair of winging ex coppers!

Someone please tell them they DON'T have to support their sponging grown up kids, and £10K on holidays, do me a favour!

bet he drives an Audi.
Where are they complaining? Seems more of a statement of where they are in life than a complaint.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:42 PM

Why not spend £10k on hols? It's a free world.

It's whinge btw

The gold plated pensions of ex public sector workers does piss me off a bit, huge burden on the taxpayer. I recall a mate of my old man's who was an ex copper and retired early 50s very well off where my dad worked till 70 running his own business

Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 PM

I agree with the two answering posts. Didn't come across as whinging but still quite a cossetted world.
Bet they kept their noses clean politically when they were employed in the Force.
Wonder what job levels would generate this much pension?
Old 08-01-2018, 10:38 PM

"We used to spend around £10,000 a year on holidays – in the past we’ve taken cruises and visited Mexico. But this year we just had one week in Devon, which cost £1,700, as well as a couple of little breaks."
"We enjoy a pension of £70,000 a year but have to support our adult children, which puts us in the red".

Well that certainly sounds like whinging to me.
If we had a pension of £70K I wouldn't be complaining, this is just a slap in the face of those on low incomes. And they are building a second house!

Last edited by richmc; 08-01-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
Why not spend £10k on hols? It's a free world.

It's whinge btw
My dyslexia kicked in I thought it didn't look right.
As for the holidays, if you can afford £10k fine, but OMG having to slum it in Devon how humiliating and only spending £1,700, something tells me they weren't in a caravan park.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:28 PM

As for the holidays, if you can afford £10k fine, but OMG having to slum it in Devon how humiliating and only spending £1,700, something tells me they weren't in a caravan park.
Haha fair enough

I sort of agree these are their choices.

I don't like the fact students have to self fund, to me it feels like a brutal stamp on social mobility, the kind of thing an old etonian **** like Boris would love, screw the plebs and all that. The country is not investing in it's future work force.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:09 AM

"We used to spend around £10,000 a year on holidays – in the past we’ve taken cruises and visited Mexico. But this year we just had one week in Devon, which cost £1,700, as well as a couple of little breaks."
"We enjoy a pension of £70,000 a year but have to support our adult children, which puts us in the red".

Well that certainly sounds like whinging to me.
If we had a pension of £70K I wouldn't be complaining, this is just a slap in the face of those on low incomes. And they are building a second house!
I don't see that as a whinge that the world hasn't provided more for them, more an acknowledgment that they have to live within their means. After all, they are seeking work to supplement their pensions.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:10 AM

That's just your jealousy kicking in.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
I don't like the fact students have to self fund, to me it feels like a brutal stamp on social mobility, the kind of thing an old etonian **** like Boris would love, screw the plebs and all that. The country is not investing in it's future work force.
This is the thread taking a different direction, but i agree with that in part. I think there would be significant value to the country in offering free further education to those that went into certain disciplines, eg engineering, computer science, medicine etc. That way, the competition for spaces on these degree courses would go up and the country would benefit from a higher calibre of graduate being produced in the areas where the country would benefit from those skills. In an ideal world, the government would over time change the courses that qualified for free funding to meet demand.

However, i do not think the country should be investing in Jordan and Chantelle that want to go to university to study for a degree in media studies, social science or any of the myriad of waste of time degrees.

Quick Reply: Are they acually winging?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service