Think they saw you coming mate! - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

Think they saw you coming mate!

Old 01-18-2018, 10:12 PM

Default Think they saw you coming mate!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/style/prince-williams-dramatic-new-hair-cut-cost-£180-but-he-hopes-itll-stop-harrys-teasing/ar-AAuRUiW?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

I had a buzz cut yesterday and it cost me one twentieth of that, it looks better and I had a beard trim in that price as well!

When will the Windsor's that famous family of benefit scroungers learn to stop spending taxpayers money like water? Haven't they heard of austerity?
Or do they just enjoy rubbing our noses in the dirt.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Administrator

1. He's copied my haircut. ****er.
2 It costs me £5 at Gregs, Leighton Buzzard
3. It takes less than 5 minutes.

Sucker.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle View Post
1. He's copied my haircut. ****er.
2 It costs me £5 at Gregs, Leighton Buzzard
3. It takes less than 5 minutes.

Sucker.
I believe by sucker you mean we the tax payer? Or is it him the scrounger?

Last edited by richmc; 01-21-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:44 AM

£20 odd bought me a rechargeable hair trimmer(wahl), once a week I do the 0 (no shield) cut, over a year old so it seems I've saved a small? fortune going by those figures.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:29 PM

There seems little point in spunking that kind of cash when the wind has took most of the job on.

Still.. his lot are a bargain compared to the toads in Westminster down the road.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
There seems little point in spunking that kind of cash when the wind has took most of the job on.

Still.. his lot are a bargain compared to the toads in Westminster down the road.
Interesting perspective, The Windsors are an over privileged bunch of scroungers, who apart from the "old man" do little harm. Whilst Westminster costs us a fortune and are actively destroying our country.

Oh what the hell shoot the lot of them! and give the savings to the NHS.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 AM

Come on then, let's see the breakdown of some facts to back up this diatribe. Do you deny they bring any benefit / income to the table?

Have you ever heard of the Princes Trust or the Duke of Edinburgh awards? How about the invictus games?

It's fine if the Royals aren't really your bag but they are far from scroungers
Old 01-22-2018, 10:48 PM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by unclefester View Post
Come on then, let's see the breakdown of some facts to back up this diatribe. Do you deny they bring any benefit / income to the table?

Have you ever heard of the Princes Trust or the Duke of Edinburgh awards? How about the invictus games?

It's fine if the Royals aren't really your bag but they are far from scroungers
Some knowledge of history and the Crown Estates would help in this discussion:

From wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Estate

Historically, Crown Estate properties were administered by the reigning monarch to help fund the business of governing the country. However, in 1760, George III surrendered control over the Estate's revenues to the treasury, thus relieving him of the responsibility of personally paying for the costs of the civil service, defence costs, the national debt, and his own personal debts. In return, he received an annual grant known as the Civil list. By tradition, each subsequent monarch agreed to this arrangement upon his or her accession. However, from 1 April 2012, under the terms of the Sovereign Grant Act 2011(SSG), the Civil List was abolished and the monarch was thenceforth provided with a stable source of revenue indexed to a percentage of the Crown Estate's annual net revenue (currently set at 15%). This was intended to provide a long-term solution and remove the politically sensitive issue of Parliament having to debate the Civil List allowance every ten years. Subsequently, the Sovereign Grant Act allows for all future monarchs to simply extend these provisions for their reigns by Order in Council.The act does not imply any legal change on the nature of the estate's ownership but is simply a benchmark by which the sovereign grant is set as a grant by Parliament.
Having said all that, £180 for a buzz cut
Old 01-23-2018, 01:33 AM

They are a state funded tourist attraction. Their history is disgraceful though, not that I'm a historian.

I would be more than happy to do without them. And the church. We cling to this crap with some romantic ideas and it's to our detriment imho.

this story, as an example, reckons the cost at about 1/3 of a billion
http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/mortgages-bills/how-much-does-the-royal-family-cost-11363982445194

​​​​
Old 01-23-2018, 08:10 AM

Our history is disgraceful - not entirely sure it's fair to single out the Royals or the Church ....

Such a shame all of these fact providers can't stitch together a coherent article on exactly what they make vs what they cost - my gut feeling is that whilst they do SFA for most of us, we are better off with them ( especially the newer ones ) than we'd be without them.

What i don't quite is the thinly veiled jealous streak that folk seem to harbour for anyone / everyone who earns more than they do.

As for that buzzcut, i can only presume in the circles they move in, that is considered relatively good value - personally I paid 30 quid for a pair of good clippers back in 1997 that are still going strong today, unlike what is left of my hair.

Quick Reply: Think they saw you coming mate!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service