Time for a slap? - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

Time for a slap?

Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 AM

Default Time for a slap?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/lonel...cid=spartandhp
If all you have to worry about is do I have time to do my revision, Jago here needs to get a taste of REAL life. I'm getting so fed up of hearing about how tough it is being a teenager, when I was 17 I was married, in a council house, kiddie no 1 on the way, years of breadline on the way. What has this little turd got to worry about, acne? bet mum and dad had supplied a car, mobile phone etc. Get a grip and learn about the real world sonny. being in the sixth form is the cushiest time of your life, just you wait till you hit the real world.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:46 AM

I agree, this does not show a root cause, it shows as symptom of being soft and not ready for being an adult, or even ready to be a teenager. I worked 2-3 jobs and was full time in college (With no financial help from family other than a place to sleep and eat when I needed it .. as they were short on funds too) for 6 years through grad school. I started "behind" because I was a dumbass and dropped out of high school. I was also in a relationship with a woman (my wife today) who had an 8 mo old son whose father passed away in an accident right after she found out she was pregnant, so I was helping be dad and doing what I could for them. I never felt as "bad off" as the typical teenager today says they are or the way this article describes. I held up all my jobs and a nearly perfect GPA all the way through school. I was not "depressed" at how hard my life was, I was excited because I was doing something with my life. I had worked since the day I turned 16 and was expected to learn independence by my family (aka not coddled and told I was special or "deserved" special things). The fact that kids today are taught by society they are special, need special treatment, need special rooms to cry in at school (I am not kidding .. . this exists in colleges), are taught to take everyones words so personally it is like a physical injury and are taught to be entitled is the issue. Oh, and if someone hurts your little feelings, or if mom and dad and teachers dont like that you are hyper, we will say you have ADHD and pump you full of drugs... the side effects are minimal ... just suicidal thoughts and depression :P The issue is not that being a teen is harder than it used to be or that college is harder than it used to be, we just raise people to be soft and useless. And it gets worse every single day.

So yeah, I am sick of this too. Right there with you!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:52 AM

He's entitled to his opinion. However being 19 I think his experience of tough times is limited unless his parents abuse him

6th form is a cake walk vs uni finals time

Having kids equally tough.. having kids skint or young even worse

Pressure and stress can build or break characters, I would bet on the latter for chappo
Old 06-15-2018, 12:21 AM

why would you name your child after a kit car?

I blame the parents and have a pretty good idea what they look like

Jago's a bit of twat really - he will be an even bigger one when he grows up
Old 06-15-2018, 03:06 AM

The media is a major part of the problem in this. This story should never have made any kind of news.

Children finding growing up hard isn't a mental health issue. Its part of growing up. The snowflake generation need to realise that, stop moaning
Old 06-20-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by lower
The media is a major part of the problem in this. This story should never have made any kind of news.

Children finding growing up hard isn't a mental health issue. Its part of growing up. The snowflake generation need to realise that, stop moaning
Yeah it's almost as if the media are deliberately trying to keep an ageist agenda afloat. Can't imagine why. This is not news, but then nor is MSN.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:17 PM

Attached Thumbnails Time for a slap?-photo797.jpg  
Old 06-20-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by CynicG View Post
Yeah it's almost as if the media are deliberately trying to keep an ageist agenda afloat. Can't imagine why. This is not news, but then nor is MSN.
Students have been crying unfair ever since they had to pay for their own education and take out student loans, and horror of horrors have to pay them back!
And the Brexit vote where the government had the audacity to give everyone a vote each, even people over 50 who actually know what life was like before the EU, and so rudely voted out without considering the feelings of younger Britons,

Snowflake generation, hand them a tissue and tell them to get a life!
Old 06-21-2018, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
Old 06-22-2018, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by richmc View Post
Students have been crying unfair ever since they had to pay for their own education and take out student loans!
i think it's reasonable to say hang on, you ****ers didnt pay for your education in this way.. (i didnt)
and maybe expect tax relief if they earn a certain amount given it's their risk, not UK plc's.
The government is either saying
"i want you to invest in your education but i would very much appreciate the higher tax you might pay as a result"
or
"I bet getting a degree does **** all for your earnings so i am not making the investment"
it's simply a plan for reduced social mobility or higher taxation.... amazing how we, the majority, bought that eh? talk about uneducated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40511184

Quick Reply: Time for a slap?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands