Time for a slap? - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
Off Topic and General Discussion Off topic forum - Serious discussion, Current Affairs, News, Help & Advice

Time for a slap?

Old 06-22-2018, 07:06 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44433569

"The thing that shocked me - and I thought I was pretty unshockable - was that I had not understood that by moving to a system of funding through loans, because of the accounting methods of the Treasury, it was possible for George Osborne [then chancellor] to appear to increase funding for higher education by £3bn but at the same time cut his deficit by £3.8bn," says Lord Forsyth.

And that's from a Tory!
Old 06-23-2018, 12:41 AM

That report just pisses me off. Universities are rolling in cash, kids are paying the government to lend them cash to get an education to pay more tax..

The electorate in this country really are retarded
Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 AM

What's more disappointing, kids with no life experience thinking that what they're going through at that moment in time is tough, or red faced, perpetually angry tw4ts like Richie McBrexit still getting baited by these stories despite (supposedly) having age, experience and wisdom on their side?

You can excuse youthful naivety - Jago May well grow up to be a rounded and productive member of society (and every generation gets criticised for getting it easy, by the generation that made it easy for them anyway), but it's harder to overlook life-long gullibility and the apparent need to complain about something/anything.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:21 AM

life is supposed to be tough when you're young

it used to be called character building and 'everyone' appreciated it was what happens when you have to start fending for yourself

not anymore

now one must have a new car at 18 'because it's safer and reliable' and God forbid one should have to start at the arse end of the property ladder

this is new

it didn't happen with any previous generations
Old 06-23-2018, 03:42 AM

Sorry Gamdaffy, I can't take anyone from your generation seriously. You made weak children, you're ruining the country and you didn't even fight in two wars to not let Europe rule over us.

If the young of today are rubbish it's because the parents of yesterday were too.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:19 AM

I couldn't care less about 'kids of today' or who is to blame for what may or may not be wrong or right with them

observations only on my part

I only care about things that have a direct, meaningful impact on me

snowflakes or their parents don't

same as lots of things: can be interesting to chat about and definitely amusing but ultimately irrelevant
Old 06-23-2018, 04:27 AM

I'll be happy as long as they don't end up old and angry, squealing into their equally angry echo chamber about how great their generation was and how kids these days don't know they're born.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
I'll be happy as long as they don't end up old and angry, squealing into their equally angry echo chamber about how great their generation was and how kids these days don't know they're born.
surely the young have an equally biased echo chamber

where they shout and squeal about how hard life is and how their parents had it so much easier

it's called Facebook isn't it?
Old 06-23-2018, 07:04 AM

It's their equivalent of the Daily Mail then, that's where the less tech-literate go to sound off in much the same way.

Surely they have a point about property don't they?
Old 06-23-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
It's their equivalent of the Daily Mail then, that's where the less tech-literate go to sound off in much the same way.

Surely they have a point about property don't they?
I dunno

I do know the right don't have a monopoly on echo chambers

As for property, we've discussed it in another thread

Quick Reply: Time for a slap?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands