Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

any imports considered to be rice burners heads up stay away from jiffy lube

Old 03-21-2016, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any imports considered to be rice burners heads up stay away from jiffy lube

Feeling hopeless and discouraged, I couldn't do anything except watch these two so called good guys do nothing and let the bad guy walk away with no consequences for his action
f@#ken bitch ass jiffy lube
Do not go there unless you gonna let them try you
DO NOT GO TO THIS JIFFY LUBE. The service is garbage! They assault and damage other people's property. I went there today to meet up a friend since he went in to see how much it would cost to do the oil change, on arrival he was told to leave the keys in the ignition and they made him wait in the lobby, though all he wanted was a PRICE quote.
When the worker who seemed a bit iffy and disrespectful called my buddy back, he was told the oil change is going to be 56.99 for a high mileage change. Then, my friend called his mom to tell her the price of the oil change, when he told her she told him to wait till tomorrow.
My friend then tells the worker that he cannot do the oil change at the time, and he can tomorrow. So therefore THERE is NOTHING he can do. When the worker of jiffy lube heard that. He thought we were trying to " get over " on him. Yet, my buddy told him that he was trying to figure out how much the oil change would cost, he was infuriated and said they already had drain the oil. He then grabs a hose and puts an amount of oil into the car. Then slams the hood and tells us to leave right away.
While I told my friend to pull out and park in the lot so I can figure it out and pay for the oil change, he comes running out screaming saying " Get the f@#k off my lot, before I beat the f@#k out of your faces, get your gay ass rice burners out of here."

Then, jumps into my face saying he's gonna smash my face in if we don't leave right away. Next thing, he spits on my car and walks back a little bit just to come back and get into my face, of course then I was upset with the way he was acting and his actions. Next thing he throws his towel at my face then grabs to try slamming me while one other co worker holds me down in a choke hold. Afterwards, I get up I call 911 right away, a minute into that, he comes running at me with a huge wrench acting as he were to swing it at me. Runs up to my car, and smashes the tail light in. Then I was told by the police that I can not press charges, keeping in mind that I am under 18, because there was no proof of assault even though my back was bleeding and scratched up and my elbow was bleeding as well. Last of all the " manager " of the jiffy lube shows up in a hurry then tells the officer he is not paying for my tail light, and then forces my friends to pay for the " oil change " and " oil filter " change that was not done correctly.
SHARE this so it will grab attention, the officers were not much of help taking sides in the situation.
Attached Thumbnails any imports considered to be rice burners heads up stay away from jiffy lube-fb_img_1458553870694.jpg   any imports considered to be rice burners heads up stay away from jiffy lube-fb_img_1458553863814.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 03:55 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 987 Posts

You can't press charges because you are under 18?
Old 03-21-2016, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this isn't some BS story, you have a legitimate chance to "own" your own Jiffy Lube (via litigation). This is not only grounds for jail-time for those involved, but a damn good lawsuit and absolute ruination of their business. I, however, am questioning the validity of the story. There has to be more to it than what you're describing...
Old 03-21-2016, 09:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
If this isn't some BS story, you have a legitimate chance to "own" your own Jiffy Lube (via litigation). This is not only grounds for jail-time for those involved, but a damn good lawsuit and absolute ruination of their business. I, however, am questioning the validity of the story. There has to be more to it than what you're describing...
yea,

1. you would own this jiffy lube by months end
2. the employee would be taken in with assault charges one of which includes a weapon. (even if he was intending to hit your car with it one could say he was after you)
3. the police are fools if your car is damaged, you are hurt (bleeding bruised), was there nobody else within 100 feet of this place? seems like jiffy lube has plenty of people wandering around who would have seen this.

so if this is true... call your lawyer.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:06 PM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

LOL. COT DANG that story was a good laugh. Should make some sort of sunday comic out of it. Totally/obviously fabricated.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
LOL. COT DANG that story was a good laugh. Should make some sort of sunday comic out of it. Totally/obviously fabricated.
hahahaha
Old 03-23-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Hey...if you lazy kids would learn to do your own oil changes you wouldnt be at a jiffy lube in the first place.

jk...kinda...but that's absolutely the most f'd up story I've read in a while. If I were you I'd find a damn good lawyer and sue the ever living shit out of them. I assume they have security cameras, and those could be subpoenaed. We've got assault on top of negligence and damage to personal property. You've got plenty of evidence, though circumstantial.

Which jiffy lube was it? Consider calling corporate? You may also want to contact the police again and file a complaint against the officer.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jiffy Lube
Old 08-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 987 Posts

Any updates on this?

Quick Reply: any imports considered to be rice burners heads up stay away from jiffy lube