Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Off-Topic > Off-topic Talk
Reload this Page >

Hate These New Colors!

Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Hate These New Colors!

Old 03-18-2018, 06:20 PM

Recieved 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Hate These New Colors!

There is a recent trend in car colors that I think is ugly. I don't know exactly how to describe the colors. They have no metallic properties, and basically mimic the colors of filing cabinets. Know what I mean? They are colors like "battleship gray" or "putty" etc. I cannot see why these colors are even available, much less understand their popularity.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:00 PM
Site Moderator

Recieved 122 Likes on 109 Posts

What people like is totally subjective and just because you dislike it doesn't mean that the majority dislikes it. Take the beige gold color that is offers on nearly every sedan. I think it is hideous but clearly the hundreds of thousands of people that buy them like it. I actually like the greys and you may be surprised that some do have metallic flake in the.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:14 PM

Recieved 2,049 Likes on 1,767 Posts

I LOVE the gray colors. LOVE them. My opinion on the beige gold color is that there are just alot of people who don't like Black or White & that's what they're left with.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:30 PM

Recieved 406 Likes on 389 Posts

Flat colors look utilitarian and a bit more austere. . . what's amusing is that they're usually a premium. So hipsterlicious.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:10 AM

Recieved 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn View Post
Take the beige gold color that is offers on nearly every sedan. I think it is hideous but clearly the hundreds of thousands of people that buy them like it.
My wife refers to that as an "old man color".
Old 03-23-2018, 11:28 AM
Site Moderator

Recieved 122 Likes on 109 Posts

Lol pretty much. Its just the color for people who don't care about their car. It doesn't look dirty easily so they can just not care about their car.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:38 AM

Recieved 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Its all subjective. The flat "mud" color on the new Tacomas, for example, I think is awesome. The flat grey "cement" color was ok to me but got old when more companies started offering it.

But again, its subjective. The colors are offered because marketing studies indicated that more people liked them than did not like them. Sometimes they are wrong, sometimes they are right.

I normally hate white on most cars ... but on some I like it.

I never really cared for yellow cars either, but own one now .. .and still cant stand it on most other types of cars... but that does not mean plenty of other people do not like it.

People get tired of the same old boring choices for colors, so they try new things.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:40 AM

Recieved 94 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie View Post
hipster.
I don't think you know what that word means.

I don't like battleship greys, but I'm of the mindset that the brightest, most ostentatious color is the best color when it comes to cars.

Sincerely, owner of two colorful cars
Old 03-23-2018, 12:33 PM

Recieved 67 Likes on 58 Posts

hipsters would never latch on to a new craze. They are too different and individual than that. They would only choose something else that all the other hipsters chose ... you know ... to show how individual they are .... just like all the other hipsters ....
Old 03-25-2018, 06:44 AM

Recieved 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would recommend to look at Toyota's Cement gray in person, in the sun. I bought a 2017 TRD Pro Tacoma in cement gray and had no idea the paint was metallic until the sun came out. It's awesome. The color of the truck changes drastically based on lighting conditions. Looks much darker in the shade, and very metallic in the sun. I'm actually going to spray my S2000 in Autoflex to match my Tacoma. Here's a close up pic of the Tacoma paint in the sun.

Quick Reply: Hate These New Colors!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands