Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

How Would You Deal With a Bad Seller that Works at a $tealership?

Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Would You Deal With a Bad Seller that Works at a $tealership?

About a year ago I had ordered new car parts from a member on another car forum. Over the next 6 months I placed multiple orders totaling around $2K. All of these orders were successfully fulfilled by the member. However, the last order was placed in Nov. 2010 and was never fulfilled.

I had sent the seller a personal PayPal payment (per seller's request to avoid fees) for around $150 for this order. The seller keeps giving excuse after excuse for not shipping the item. I had been extremely patient with the seller based on the previous transactions. However, at this point it is obvious that he has no intention of shipping the items that I bought.

I recently did some research and discovered that this seller works in the parts department of a car dealership. I'd like some suggestions for a course of action that I should take now. Other than the seller's place of employment, I only know the seller's full name and email. If you were me, what would you do?

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give me!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're probably SOL now. You waited an awfully long time to try to settle this? Also, never gift money. You have no security, that's why it's a gift. You waive your protection; that's a part of what the fee goes to.

All you can do is try to contact him, and get it resolved. If I were you I would accept the fact that I willingly threw $150 down the toilet, and if you manage to get your item then even better. Lesson learned, don't willing waive your rights and protection in a business deal.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 AM

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/880...e-marketplace/
Old 07-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you have his full name and know where he works... You can have any information you want with those facts. On another forum unrelated to cars, when someone got stung like this a few people would pay a visit to the residence. Was generally for non-shipment of juice and those meat-heads weren't made to be messed with.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it from fredbeansparts.com?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna
Yes, that was a more general post about how to protect yourself from unscrupulous sellers...
Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by ChefJ
you have his full name and know where he works... You can have any information you want with those facts. On another forum unrelated to cars, when someone got stung like this a few people would pay a visit to the residence. Was generally for non-shipment of juice and those meat-heads weren't made to be messed with.
"Meathead" is the proper way to refer to idiots who lack brains but think steroids can compensate. WTF?!? Are you serious?

There is a reason that the USA has a legal system. Those meatheads put themselves at the wrong end of it by being morons. You got to be seriously dumb to think that is a good way to solve a problem. Oh wait, you mentioned "juice" and meatheads. I guess "seriously dumb" is the Mensa crowd on that forum.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jrse7en
No, the seller actually works at a well-known car dealership.

I would think that the manager of the parts department would want to know about an employee selling new parts on the side, correct?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maveric
Originally Posted by Jrse7en' timestamp='1310414852' post='20768120
No, the seller actually works at a well-known car dealership.

I would think that the manager of the parts department would want to know about an employee selling new parts on the side, correct?
At the very least it sounds as if a conflict of interest to me. Certainly if the parts he is selling are the same brand/manufacturer that he is selling at his work.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I would tell the guy that it is obvious he can't fill the order and you would like a refund. If he does not comply, then you can suggest that you would like to take it to another level, but keep it civil.

If you get satisfaction from either, I'd still drop the dealer a line and let them know what is going on.

Then find a new source for parts.

Quick Reply: How Would You Deal With a Bad Seller that Works at a $tealership?