S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/)
-   -   I hate being on speaker phones...... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/i-hate-being-speaker-phones-213007/)

Scot 06-07-2004 12:19 PM

I hate being on speaker phones......

I called an Acura dealership about a used NSX and the dickhole put me on the speaker phone?? after about 10 seconds I asked for a different sales person and he hung up on me..... No soup for me...or him.. :( :D

anyway..... why the hell would you put somone you don't even know (that you would in theory be trying to sell something to) on a speaker phone.?

Octane-Girl 06-07-2004 12:34 PM

Total bad taste. How much ya wanna bet that this guy checks his v-mail over speakerphone as well? Bet he's a joy to work with...not!

Call back and see if you get a different person...

Scot 06-07-2004 12:38 PM

I thought about it, but I really didn't care that much after getting hung up on....... nothing like begging a place to sell me something.... blaaa...

he was like "what's wrong with me?" when I asked for someone else......... ummm.. everything.....:)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Octane-Girl
Total bad taste.

cykogirl 06-07-2004 01:35 PM

i think some people are just lazy. there's this one guy in my office who uses speakerphone to check his vmail, make and answer calls. it's SO damn annoying!!

Bass 06-07-2004 03:22 PM

we too have a guy who uses his speaker phone all the time (i think he has a hearing problem)

All i ask is "could you please take me off of speaker" if they refuse i simply hang up

dkhl 06-07-2004 04:23 PM

i unfortunately put people on speaker phone all the time. I have to, i am so swamped at work that i have to use every part of my body just to keep up. :)

SgtSaunders 06-07-2004 04:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cykogirl
i think some people are just lazy.

happs22 06-07-2004 06:03 PM

I very rarely use speaker phone at work. However, I'm usually at a client site, so I'm using a client's phone in a client's office. Probably not in good taste to broadcast my conversations across a strange office.

Here's a funny story - I was sharing an office at a client site with another guy from my firm. We had our faces burried in our laptops, pounding out some sort of stupid spreadsheet, or presentation, or whatever. Well, we heard the woman in the office to our left start dialing (she was a notorious speaker-phoner). Seconds later we heard the phone in the office to our right start ringing. The guy in that office answered, also on speaker phone. Well, the two of them sat in their offices, no more than 20 ft. apart, and yelled into their respective microphones. This other guy and I just sat, listening to the two of them speaking to each other. It was just too funny. We were practically on the floor because we were laughing so hard. Maybe this is one of those, "you had to be there" moments, but funny nonetheless.

Anyway, I really don't understand the whole speakerphone thing. If I want to convey a certain attitude while on the phone, I stand up. Seriously, it works.

cykogirl 06-07-2004 06:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SgtSaunders

Scot 11-21-2007 05:25 AM

i still hate being on speaker phone......