Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Caught a punk cutting my softtop!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught a punk cutting my softtop!

I was at a party in a nice neighborhood, about 6 guys including my friend and I, and 10-15 girls..

I left with my friend and we took his car, I was parked across the street from the house that the party was at. We get back 20 mins later and park around the corner and as we're walking around the corner I see the owner of the house (I just met him that night, another friend knew him who was @ the party too) CUTTING MY ROOF!! there was a big slice in and water was in my seat etc..

When I first pulled up this faggot made some rude comment about how his non existant h23 twin turbo accord in storage will smoke my s2000...

*LEGAL EDIT FTW!* - Vigilante justice WAS served, AND SERVED BIG.

I grabbed his ID from him when I caught him cutting my top and remember where the house was, What do you guys think the bset way to get payed for a new soft top/hardtop would be?
Old 05-27-2006, 05:32 AM

I say press charges for vandalism

good job catching him in the act!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sr2oD3,May 27 2006, 05:32 AM
I say press charges for vandalism

good job catching him in the act!
That was my original plan, however my parents cautioned me against this since I assaulted the shit out of him lol - They also noted that me having his ID is not proof the event took place and just because my roof is sliced doesn't mean he did it...

p.s. I do not have full coverage insurance, my car is 100% payed off and full coverage is pretty rediculous in most situations for my s2000 since I daily drive an EG hatch most of the time...
Old 05-27-2006, 05:35 AM

well...yeah..

but instead someone or the insurance company pay for it, I'd have more gratification catching him in the act and beating the living hell out of them

I say just leave it alone, you already lucked out there..
Old 05-27-2006, 06:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Threaten to press charges against him and see if he offers full restutition for not pressing charges. Though I don't blame you for what you did, I probably would have done the same thing. And I agree, good job catching him in the act.

Warren
Old 05-27-2006, 09:19 AM

posted this also in the PAC NW thread.

yeh haters.......First thing is, I would never park my s2k at a party. I've done it a few times but I go out every 15-20min to check up on the s2k. With the mods I have installed since then, I probably will just take a taxi next time or have a friend.

Parked it one time on greek row near a house party, and the next morning I saw a flipped over washing machine pretty close to my S. Drunk people and haters do the most random shit to anyones car.

New top? I'm getting a glass top installed next week, my plastic top not sure what I will do with it. Could sell it pretty cheap. Plastic is still pretty clear was always plexued every week. you would probably have to come pick it up at the shop since its a pretty large piece to carry in my S.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell him you'll press charges if he doesn't pay for it. Get a qoute from the Honda dealer, and tell him that's the amount you want.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

contact a lawyer and see what they have to say.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by clawhammer,May 27 2006, 11:22 AM
Tell him you'll press charges if he doesn't pay for it. Get a qoute from the Honda dealer, and tell him that's the amount you want.
the guy could probably press charges on him for assualting to even though he vandalized, tricky situation.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for street justice, but you could have put yourself in a very sticky situation by beating him down. Hope it all works out for you.

Quick Reply: Caught a punk cutting my softtop!